Whole Wheat Choc Chip Banana Bread Pancakes
Fluffy banana bread for breakfast in the form of pancakes with melted chic chips and maple syrup to start the day the banana right way…
Ohhhhh this is my go-to banana bread pancake recipe that I’d shared on my Instagram so many moons ago but hadn’t shred it here. Nad drowning in maple syrup because is there really any other way?
But guess what? You don’t need to break out the fat pants to fit these into the diet, because they’re friendly. They can be your best friend while feeding your cravings.
They really don’t need to be drowning in syrup. they can stand proud all on their lonesome. Because. So super fluffyyy, there was some moaning being heard in our kitchen while we all sat in silence enjoying this stack of cake first thing in the morning.
But then again syrup is like the holy grail.
There may have been some sort of butter smearing action 101 involved, but I can’t really say because I can’t really remember what happened.
Those melty chocco chips had me in a chocolate coma all on their own.
And I couldn’t resist an chad to share with ya’ll the inside of perfect fluffiness, like a cloud.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Weight Watchers: 7pp for 2 pancakes
- 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour (or plain/whole wheat all purpose flour(s))
- 3/4 cup white self raising flour (or plain/all purpose flour(s))
- 4 tablespoons sweetener or sugar of choice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (1 tablespoon if using plain or all purpose flours)
- 2 ripe bananas , mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light butter , melted or oil of choice
- 1 3/4 cups low fat/skim milk (or unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/3 cup choc chips
- Whisk together the banana, vanilla and eggs until smooth. Add the butter/oil whisk again. Add the flour/s, sugar and baking powder and mix until just combined. Pour in the milk and mix again. Fold through choc chips.
- Cook on a greased nonstick pan/skillet over low - medium heat, pouring 1/4 cup batter per pancake until golden, and flip.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- To serve, drown in some syrup
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.