Cappuccino French Toast Stuffed With Melted Chocolate and Topped with Coffee Cream!
Yes. Cappuccino French Toasts. Aka Milky Coffee soaked French Toasts stuffed with Melted Chocolate; topped with a Coffee Cream and dusted with Chocolate Dusting Powder!
Who woulda thought you could take your favourite Cappuccino and turn it into a French Toast?
I searched Hi and Low for a recipe like this online…and came up with nothing. So it’s safe to say this is definitely a Cafe Delites original! What inspired this perfect coffee loving stack of caffeine and chocolate all in one?
Cappuccinos, and the lack of coffee I’ve had lately. I needed coffee and I needed to eat, and I wanted eggs on toast. So I guess this would sort of count? Just roll with it.
I grew up with milky coffees — not boiled water dissolved coffees. And we call them Cafe Con Leche — Coffee With Milk.
Basically, steam some milk until boiling hot, add coffee and sugar, and drink until your heart reaches contentment.
And up until now, that was just a drink. Now? French Toast. Because that coffee goes into this egg wash (except for the steaming hot part), and your favourite bread transforms into the most epic french toasts you’ve ever had in your life. Unless you don’t like coffee. And in that case…who are you?
So, I wouldn’t be true to myself if I didn’t stuff it with Chocolate. And then I accidentally on purpose topped the coffee cream with ice cream and dusted it with more chocolate dusting powder to make it more cappuccino’ed.
Not only did we top them. we dunked them in that coffee cream.
If you’re a coffee lover like me…try these. You won’t regret it one bit. And if you want something else coffee loving for breakfast, try these Cappuccino Pancakes.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 8 thick slices of bread , halved
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup low fat/skim milk (or almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee (dry powder)
- 2 tablespoons sugar or natural sweetener of choice
- 45 g | 1 1/2oz (about 1/3 cup) milk or dark chocolate (chips, melts or squares)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) light thickened/whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon icing/confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee (dry powder)
- Chocolate Dusting Powder
- Whisk together the coffee, sugar and milk in a jug. Add the eggs and whisk again until well combined. Pour the mixture into a 9x13-inch shallow dish. Add 8 bread halves into the egg wash; divide the chocolate amongst the bread pieces and top each piece with remaining bread to make 8 sandwich halves. Leave to soak for 5 minutes on one side, then flip and soak for a further 5 minutes.
- Preheat a large nonstick pan, skillet or griddle with a light coating of butter. When hot, cook the french toast in batches until browned on both sides, cooked through and chocolate has melted in the centre.
- Meanwhile, make your coffee cream:
- Combine the cream, coffee and sugar in a medium sized bowl; beat on medium - high speed until cream begins to thicken. (Continue beating to make a whipped cream, or leave as a thinner cream to suit your tastes).
- To serve, drizzle french toasts with coffee cream; top with a scoop of ice cream (optional), and sprinkle with chocolate dusting powder.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.