Easy Oven Baked Barbecue Chicken Pizza Tacos are full of pizza flavours, stuffed inside a crispy taco shell, to give you the BEST of both worlds!
Easy Oven Baked Barbecue Chicken Pizza Tacos… Ever heard of such combination? What a great easy way to enjoy a meal!
I have three questions for you:
- What’s better than Taco’s? Pizza.
- What’s better than Pizza? Taco’s.
- What’s better than both of those? The merging of two of the greatest foods of our lifetime. A pizza taco.
No, this isn’t authentic Italian or Mexican BUUUHT it sure is a hell of a way to thoroughly enjoy both AT THE SAME TIME.
Oven Baked Tacos
If you’ve been following me for a wile, you already know my obsession with barbecue chicken pizza is a pretty big deal, and I usually stuff those flavours into whatever I can. There was the BBQ Chicken Pizza Pull Apart Bread; a Barbecue Chicken Pizza Egg Wrap; Barbecue Chicken Pizzadilla (Pizza Quesadilla).
It’s real, people.
For this recipe, I went with a Barbecue Chicken Pizza inspired Taco, because WHO doesn’t love a good BBQ Chicken Pizzah?
How To Make Pizza Tacos
Make your chicken in the best 2-ingredient sauce EVER
Sprinkling the base of each shell with shredded cheese to stop them from going soggy. They stay perfectly crunchy this way.
Fill Taco shells with chicken mixture.
Bake them until the cheese oozes down and melts through your chicken pizza stuffing / topping.
I serve these as they are. No need for sour cream or guac! BUUUUHT you can top these Oven baked Barbecue Chicken Pizza Tacos with whatever your heart desires!
WATCH US MAKE BAKED TACOS RIGHT HERE!
Oven Baked BBQ Chicken Pizza Tacos
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound (500 g) boneless and skinless chicken thighs diced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- Salt to season
- 10 stand and stuff taco shells
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 of green bell pepper | capsicum deseeded and sliced thinly
- 1/4 of a red onion sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons sliced olives
- Italian pizza topper or seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray a a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking oil spray; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the chicken and sear until golden and crisp. Add the garlic; fry until fragrant (about 1 minute); then add the barbecue sauce and salt to season (about 1/2 teaspoon salt). Cook until chicken is coated and glossy, and the sauce slightly thickens. Turn off heat.
- Arrange taco shells in the baking dish. Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of shredded cheese into each taco shell to keep them from going soggy. Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken mixture into each shell on top of the cheese until all the chicken is used. Top with the green pepper slices, onion slices, mushrooms and olives. Top shells with the remaining cheese and sprinkle with the seasoning.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted through. Serve with sour cream, guacamole, salsa, or condiments of choice.
These tacos are delish and so easy! We loved them and have had them a few times now 🙂
These tacos were absolutely delicious! You couldn’t get a taco in a restaurant that could taste anywhere near as good. Thank you for such a great recipe. I’ll be adding it to my rotation.
This is one of my favorite meals. Thank you for sharing the great recipe!
This recipe is amazing. I cooked this last nite for my husband and our boys. I followed the recipe exactly and they loved it. I never would have thought all these different ingredients would go together but they did and the flavor was amazing. I had enough chicken to make almost double recipe next time I will triple it because we had no leftovers and they were asking for more. Thanks for all your hard work to bring us wonderful and easy recipes.
Haven’t tried this yet, but it’s on my list now. I love pineapple on my pizza and pineapple with my bbq. I think I might try some with pineapple. Maybe have some topping variations.
Delicious!!! Thank you for a great recipe. It’s a keeper!
Lisa Kelly says
Do you think this recipe would work with rotisserie chicken mixed with bbq sauce?
The recipe looks amazing and I love the taco/pizza mash up!!!
Love LOVE this recipe. So easy and so good. It is my new go-to! My husband literally says “best taco I’ve ever had!”
HO*L*Y* Cow, I like the way you think! These are quite possibly going to be on the menu this weekend. I seriously may bake all tacos from here on out – what a great way to keep it all together!
Any suggestions on what I can substitute or use instead of olives and mushrooms?
Did I miss the recipe for the barbecue sauce? I’m looking forward to making the tacos.
Hi Jackie! You can use store bought BBQ sauce for this recipe 🙂
Wow! This was so delicious!!! Thank you! I used 1/2″ diced chicken breasts instead. In addition, I added a bit of shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top and topped it off with Cilantro after taking them out of the oven.
Awesome. Loved them!
Deron Boyd says
We made these tonight and we have to say they are delicious! We even added extra BBQ after the tacos came out of the oven!!
Hi Deron! I’m so happy to hear that! Pizza and tacos together…..with extra bbq sauce, well can’t go wrong!
Kyle @ Burger Artist says
I’ve heard of a taco pizza but never a pizza taco… looks awesome!
Thank you! We’ve been overdosing on these this month!
Bethany @ Athletic Avocado says
WOW two incredible foods in one! You are a genius! Not only is BBQ chicken pizza like my favorite pizza ever, but tacos are pretty fricken awesome too! Love this!
Right?!?! I think so too!
These look gorgeous! Pinned. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you so much Mary!