Barbecue Chicken Pizza Stuffed Pull Apart Bread with Grilled Pineapple and Cherry Tomatoes
You know those meals that you need to make something in a hurry and you have no time to cook, and you want pizza but don’t have time for dough, and you find bread on sale in your supermarket and decide to turn that into pizza? You know those? No? Well, now you do.
This was so quick and simple to make (of course because all you need is bread like all you need is love). And everybody knows how much I love cheese.
If you guys remember the Cheesy Pizza Pull Apart Bread from last year…this is kinda like that. Only better. Because Barbecue Chicken Pizza and Red Onions and Olives and Mushrooms and more.
There’s two ways to make this:
1. Using a pre-cooked, rotisserie style charcoal chicken
2. Home-cooked chicken — panfried or roasted.
And any crusty loaf of bread. I used sourdough both times, because I love it…and this one is a Sourdough Loaf. But…the last time I used a Vienna. Both good. Both amazing, but I think I loved this size better.
Fill it and stuff it with Pizza ingredients….and in my case I love anything Barbecue Chicken..
Sprinkle over the Italian Pizza seasoning…. And pull it all apart to witness the stretchy hot and steamy cheese in one:
The most perfect pizza.stuffed.bread.
Barbecue Chicken Pizza Stuffed Pull Apart Bread
Weight Watchers: 10pp per serve
- 1 crusty sourdough vienna loaf (unsliced)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 whole , cooked chicken breast, sliced or chopped finely
- 200 g | 7oz mozzarella cheese , thinly sliced
- ½ red onion , finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 100 g | 3.5oz cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 x 227g | 8oz tin pineapple rings
- Italian pizza herbs (dried seasoning)
- Basil leaves , shredded or chopped finely
- Preheat oven to 176C | 350F degrees. Place the loaf on a lightly greased oven tray. With a sharp bread knife, cut the bread in rows lengthwise along the bread creases, being careful not to cut through to the base of the loaf. Holding the bread over the top, cut across into it widthwise, again about 1cm above the base crust
- Spoon (or squeeze directly out of the bottle) the barbecue sauce into each cut and spread to evenly coat the inside of the bread. Insert the chicken breast, cheese slices, onions, olives and mushrooms into each slice/wedge. Push all ingredients down into the bread really well.
- Sprinkle with the italian pizza herbs; cover with foil and bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Uncover and bake again for a further 10 minutes, or until bread has turned golden and crispy.
- While the bread is baking; grill pineapple rings and cherry tomatoes on a lightly greased nonstick pan/skillet until cooked to your liking.
- Remove the pizza pull apart bread from the oven and serve with the pineapple rings and cherry tomatoes. Top with shredded Basil leaves.