Loaded Taco Grilled Cheese
Ever wondered what to do with leftover Taco mince? Or even, changing Taco’s to a way that everyone will still love them, and love you making them… Taco Grilled Cheese. That’s what’s what. What? Yep.
SO easy to prepare… before I knew it, it was dinner time and we were all around the table digging in and pulling melty cheese from outta the Taco-wich.
Itt was Taco night the night before, and as we always cook enough to feed an army, we had heaps of left overs. But no one wanted Taco’s again. I know, crazy right?
This came to mind instead.
Of course, you don’t have to wait for leftovers either! Cook up some mince with Taco seasoning on purpose to make these grilled cheesuz.
It’s really a matter of throwing it all together onto your favourite bread, and pan frying, or grilling it to perfection. That’s it.
The only difference here as to normal people, is that we love loading our toasted sandwiches, to the point of overflow and trying-to-stuff-food-back-in-but-there’s-no-more-room kinda thing. We are not normal. We are food lovers. Amen.
Oh this is Taco night, and I’m feeling right, oh yes it’s Taco night, Oh what a night…Oh what a niiiiyyght….
I mean…that cheese, right?
You may have to slap away some hungry hands from picking at the mince. And by that, I mean, your own. I love Taco mince by itself. But in this sandwich? The heavens opened up and glowed white light around the bench.
And I’m loving my new lens! The Canon 100mm f/2.8L Macro Lens has me all smitten and smiling with every shot. I take half the shots from what I used too. Thanks.Canon. Because the hangry pains from waiting for this was too much to take the gazillion shots I was used too. I mean, that close up!
And yes, that is spinach in my perfect sammich. Even better than lettuce. Because grilling lettuce can get a little soft and tasteless, and spinach is a perfect replacement…
So.much.cheese. I may have a grilled cheese problem?
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 1 onion , chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes , chopped
- 500 g | 17oz extra lean ground beef mince prepared
- 1 packet Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 slices bread of choice
- 1 avocado , smashed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- salt to season
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- 1 cup prepared Taco mince , divided
- 2 ripe tomatoes , chopped
- 1/2 cup low fat/light mozzarella cheese (or cheddar)
- 1/4 cup Taco tomato salsa
- 1/4 cup light/low fat sour cream OR natural greek yoghurt (optional)
- Combine smashed avocado, salt to season and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Build sandwiches with 'guacamole,' spinach leaves, 1/4 cup taco mince per sandwich, tomatoes, cheese, salsa and sour cream/yoghurt (if including). Top with bread, and spray a little spray oil onto pan. Fry until browned on both sides, cooked through, and cheese has melted.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.