Shrimp & Mexican Corn Foil Packets are filled with Tex-Mex ingredients and flavours, PLUS the addition of creamy Elotes to complete your meal!
With Labor Day weekend coming up, these Shrimp & Mexican Corn Foil Packets are perfect for grilling wherever you’re going! Shrimp, Corn and Peppers are grilled OR baked in a beautiful marinade or sauce before being drizzled with that incredible Mexican cream! So easy to prepare with minimal clean up!
The first time I tried Elotes (Mexican street corn smothered in a mayo/sour cream mix, Cotija Cheese and ancho chili powder), I saw a starry heaven, while my taste buds sang to me in harmony. It’s only natural to include them in these foil packets!
Just like these Garlic Steak & Cheesy Bacon Potato Hash Foil Packs, or these Lemon Parmesan Salmon & Asparagus Foil Packs, there is minimal clean up and fuss making them.
You’re just going to add all ingredients into a bowl > mix through some spices and seasonings > arrange your ingredients on pieces of foil > grill (or bake them) until cooked, like so ↓
THEN… you’re going to smother your corn in the best creamy mixture you’ve ever tasted on corn.
Shrimp & Mexican Corn Foil Packets
For The Shrimp Foil Packets:
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on or off
- 2 ears of corn on the cob, husked, cut into 6x 1-inch pieces per cob
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 a red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
For The Elotes Topping:
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/3 cup finely crumbled Cotija or feta cheese, (or fresh grated parmesan cheese)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves, to garnish
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Preheat a gas (or charcoal grill), or a grill pan over high heat.
- Cut four sheets of foil, about 10-12-inches long. Combine the shrimp, corn, bell peppers and onions in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, garlic, taco seasoning, brown sugar, lime juice, cilantro and cumin; gently toss to combine.
- Divide shrimp mixture among the four pieces of foil, arranging the ingredients on the centre of each piece. Fold up all 4 sides of each foil packet, covering completely and sealing the packets closed.
- Place foil packets on the grill and cook until just cooked through, about 6-8 minutes on one side. Flip, and continue to grill on the other side for a further 6 minutes, or until the corn is tender and shrimp are fully cooked. (If using the oven, bake in a preheated oven -- 400°F | 200°C -- on a baking sheet for 25-30 minutes, or until done).
- While the packs are cooking, mix together the mayo, sour cream and garlic until thoroughly mixed through.
- Once cooked, drizzle the corn with the crema; top with the cheese and chili powder; garnish packs with the cilantro (or parsley) and serve packets immediately with lime wedges, tortillas, rice, or other sides.