Lemon Butter Garlic Salmon with only a handful of ingredients, with maximum taste and minimal clean up!
The next time I think of salmon, I’ll think of this easy Lemon Butter Garlic Salmon!
SALMON IN FOIL
Sheet pan dinners, tray bakes and one pot meals are incredibly easy. Especially when cooking salmon! We do our best to get salmon on our dinner table at least once or twice a week and because the family is constantly asking for it, I’m constantly having to come up with new flavours!
Lemon Garlic and Butter on Salmon
Is there any better flavour combination? This combination came to me from our Facebook followers requesting substitutions for honey in this Honey Garlic Salmon video! Really, WHO DOESN’T WANT HONEY ON THEIR SALMON? Many people, it turns out.
With this recipe I decided to go with Lemon Garlic Butter because that is the flavour combination even better than the honey version!
HOW TO MAKE Lemon Butter Garlic Salmon
- Melt butter
- Mix lemon juice and crushed garlic through it
- Pour over salmon
- Broil or grill
We topped this one with parlay and dill. you can use whatever herbs you have on hand!
Drizzle extra lemon garlic butter over:
- Steamed vegetables
- MASHED POTATOES
WATCH US MAKE Lemon Butter Garlic Salmon RIGHT HERE
Lemon Butter Garlic Salmon
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (or juice of 1 lemon -- adjust to your tastes)
- 5 large cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 2 pound (1 kg) side of salmon
- Sea salt to taste
- Cracked pepper to taste (optional)
- Lemon slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley divided
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375°F | 190°C. Line a baking tray / sheet with a large piece of foil, big enough to fold over and seal to create a packet (or 2 long pieces of foil over lapping each other lengthways to create your salmon packet, depending on the width of you fillet).
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (1 minute). Turn off heat; whisk in the lemon juice and brown sugar.
- Place the salmon onto lined baking tray | sheet. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the lemon butter over the salmon, and using a spoon, spread evenly over the salmon. Sprinkle with parsley and dill. Arrange lemon slices over the salmon. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon to cover and completely seal the packet closed.
- Bake until cooked through (about 12-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish and your preference of doneness). Open the foil, being careful of any escaping steam, and grill / broil under the grill / broiler for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Garnish with extra parsley if desired and serve immediately.