Honey Lime Garlic Butter Salmon is ready in under 30 MINUTES! Caramelized on the outside and falling apart tender on the inside…. your new favourite salmon recipe is here!
Honey Garlic Butter Salmon is without a doubt one of our favourite salmon recipes, and one of the most popular and loved recipe on our site. Swapping out lemon juice in that recipe for lime juice in this Honey Lime Garlic Butter Salmon — absolutely delicious.
SALMON IN FOIL
Readers write in all the time asking about ingredient substitutions in just about every single recipe we post. After this Honey Garlic Butter Salmon blew up everywhere, I’ve received so many questions about substituting lemon juice out for lime juice that I had to try it out for myself.
Not one to back down from testing out your favourite flavour combination, this one has been a long time coming!
HOW TO COOK SALMON
Whether you love lemon garlic or honey lemon, or all of those flavours combined on your seafood, I can guarantee you will love lime (Chili Lime Salmon anyone?). It’s slightly sweeter and less acidic than lemon, which requires more of it added to the fish compared to lemon juice (to balance out the sweetness of the honey), while also adding LESS honey to compliment that lime juice. Also, the addition of garlic butter cuts through and enhances the flavours in the entire fillet. You will love this one!
WATCH US MAKE Honey Lime Garlic Butter Salmon RIGHT HERE!
Honey Lime Garlic Butter Salmon
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 large cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 limes , juiced
- 2 1/2 pound (1.2 kg) side of salmon
- Sea salt , to taste
- Cracked pepper , to taste (optional)
- Lime slices (to serve)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley , divided
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375°F | 190°C. Line a baking sheet with a large piece of foil, or 2 long pieces of foil over lapping each other lengthways if your salmon is wide.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Add the honey, garlic and lime juice, and whisk until the honey has melted through the butter and the mixture is well combined.
- Place the salmon onto lined baking sheet. Evenly pour the honey-lime mixture over the salmon. Sprinkle with a good amount of salt (about 2 teaspoons), cracked pepper, and 2 tablespoons of parsley. Fold the sides of the foil up beside the salmon to keep the sauce under the fillet.
- Bake until cooked through (about 15-18 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish and your preference of doneness). Then, change oven setting to broil (or grill) for 2-3 minutes on medium heat to caramelise the top. Garnish with remaining parsley and serve immediately with fresh lime slices.