Carrot Cake Cheesecake is a fluffy and super moist carrot cake layered with a creamy, lemon scented cheesecake. The BEST of both worlds!
The BEST carrot cake recipe!
A few of you have emailed me, planning your Easter menus with the One Pan Lemon Garlic Salmon and Asparagus and those Crispy Garlic Butter Parmesan Smashed Potatoes. You’ve also been asking me for a dessert, and its not in my nature to leave you hanging. Having said that, the Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie would be a good idea and a definite crowd pleaser, or Nutella Churro Donut Holes, Strawberry Cheesecake Donut Holes or a 3-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse come to think of it! But this cheesecake is my gift to you.
With all of the carrot cakes floating around on the world wide web lately, I wanted to make this cake for those of us wanting to enjoy our Easter weekend with less guilt than normal carrot cakes, but still so decadent that your family would never guess this is lower in fat! Well, mine had absolutely no idea.
Inspired by The Cheesecake Factory and adapted from this recipe, this cake is safe for all of us to eat! The original adaption calls for a lot of oil, but I’ve cut the oil down to 1/3! You can also keep this carrot cake cheesecake lower in calories and WW points with a natural granulated sweetener OR use normal sugar — it’s up to you!
Our Easter family tradition is made up of seafood and Flan (Creme Caramel) with shards of toffee on the top, or Rice Pudding (Arroz Con Leche) for dessert. Now we’re breaking traditional and having Carrot Cake Cheesecake.
Smothered with a cream cheese frosting and crushed pecans to add crunch, this cake impresses everyone. Especially when slicing and seeing those perfect layers! Soft, creamy cheesecake!
WATCH THE VIDEO RIGHT HERE:
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Weight Watchers Smart Points PER SLICE (not including frosting): 5 if using sweetener OR 8 if using normal sugar.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose (plain) flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat (wholemeal) flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup oil (you can use melted coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (or oil)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup natural granulated sweetener (or sugar)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or light-brown sugar)
- 1 1/4 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 cup (8 oz | 250 g) light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup non-fat , plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup natural powdered sweetener (or sugar)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cream cheese , at room temperature
- 3/4 cup natural powdered sweetener (or sugar)
- 1/3 cup non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts to garnish
- Preheat oven to 175°C | 350°F. Lightly grease an 8-inch round springform pan wit cooking oil spray, line with baking paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour(s), cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, applesauce, almond milk, eggs and vanilla. Whisk the granulated sweetener (or sugar) and coconut sugar (or brown sugar) into the wet ingredients, and beat until well combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients and the grated carrots, mixing to form a smooth batter.
- Beat the cheesecake ingredients together until smooth and lump free (about one minute on low speed).
- Evenly pour half of the carrot cake batter into the prepared pan. Pour 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture over carrot cake layer (don't swirl it through). Spoon remaining carrot cake mixture over cream cheese layer, then pour the remaining cheesecake mixture over the carrot cake layer to completely cover.
- Bake in preheated oven 65 - 70 minutes, until the centre is just set (it will have a very slight wobble to it). If you find it is browning after 30 minutes, tent with foil being careful the foil does not stick to the cheesecake). Remove from the oven and allow to cool for an hour or so. Cover with foil and refrigerate for 6 hours or over night.
- Beat all cream cheese ingredients together until smooth. Spread the frosting evenly over the top and sides of the cheesecake. Decorate with chopped pecans or walnuts.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.