Nutella Stuffed Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie (Pizookie)
Buttery and gooey on the inside, crispy and golden on the outside! This Nutella Stuffed Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie had all of us weak at the knees begging for more, desperately scraping each and every crumb directly out of the pan like we’d been starving for weeks!
Nutella Stuffed Skillet Cookie
I accidentally on purpose made this THREE TIMES while testing, and then 50 million times since then.
Baked in a skillet or pie dish, this giant cookie just melts in your mouth. There’s nothing better than a warm chocolate chip cookie straight out of the oven, especially one that is oozing with chocolate hazelnut Nutella.
Serve it while still warm in the centre of your table with a bunch of spoons digging into the buttery cookie and gooey warm Nutella filling, or wait for it to cool completely and enjoy the gooey mouthwatering crunch with a soft centre. Either way, you’re winning.
I mean, do you see the Nutella goodness in there?
How To Make A Nutella Stuffed Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
You’re going to need three layers!
- Chocolate chip cookie dough.
- More chocolate chip cookie dough.
- My most important tip is to warm the Nutella in your microwave for 30-60 seconds until it is runnier than spreadable. This makes it easier to spread.
- Spread the Nutella to 1-inch away from the edges so when that top layer of cookie dough goes on the Nutella, it doesn’t ooze out everywhere.
- Use a 9-inch pie dish or round cake pan if you don’t have a cast iron skillet.
- 8-inch skillets or pie dishes will also work. You may need extra baking time (about 5 minutes).
- The longer you leave it in the oven, the more ‘set’ it will be in the centre. If you like slightly under-baked cookies, aim for no longer than 30 minutes. For a set cookie, tent will foil after 35 minutes and bake for a further 10-15 minutes, or until set to your liking.
This cookie is easier than you expect it to be and a major success with the family. The whole skillet is usually cleaned in less than 5 seconds.
You can feel the stickiness and the gooeyness of the Nutella sticking to every part of the knife when cutting into this cookie. Biting into it is pure pleasure.
Watch how we make it right here!
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED JANUARY 31, 2015!
For more skillet cookies, try these!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Buttery and gooey on the inside, crispy and golden on the outside, Nutella Stuffed Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie will have you weak at the knees begging for more! There's nothing better than a warm chocolate chip cookie straight out of the oven, especially one that is oozing with chocolate hazelnut Nutella. Every bite melts in your mouth!
- 1/2 cup (4oz/120g) butter softened
- 1/2 cup (3.5oz/100g) lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (3oz/90g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (3.5oz/130g) flour (all purpose or plain flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (75g) dark/semi-sweet chocolate chips,
- 1/2 cup (150g) nutella melted (or this Refined Sugar-Free Nutella Spread!)
- Preheat oven to 350° F | 175°C. Line a 9" cast iron skillet (or pie dish) with baking/parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and creamy. Whisk in the egg until combined. Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and mix the dry ingredients into the wet until just combined. Fold in half of the chocolate chips and spoon 1/2 the cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet.
Melt the Nutella in the microwave for 30 seconds until it becomes thinner in consistency.
Spread the Nutella over the cookie dough in the skillet evenly to 1-inch of the edges. Top with remaining cookie dough, smoothing the layer with the back of a metal spoon (and your fingers if you need to). Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes for a gooey cookie, or cover after 30 minutes with aluminium foil and bake for a further 10 minutes for a 'set' cookie. Cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.