Nutella Churro Donut holes are oven baked not fried, filled with Nutella and coated in Buttery Cinnamon Sugar!
An easier Churro fix right at home, with the unmistakable fried taste, only baked at 64 calories each! Satisfy your cravings without increasing your waistline with these extremely addictive and easy to make Nutella Churro Donut Holes!
Originally Posted March 20, 2015
Made with an easy batter, baked until golden, brushed with melted butter, rolled in cinnamon sugar and stuffed with Nutella. It’s hard to believe each donut is only 64 calories. Your new edible obsession is oven-baked, not fried and made with light ingredients, creating the perfect breakfast snack or dessert full of flavour without the fat.
The perfect little snack or something sweet to enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.
Baked Churro Donut Holes
All done in a mini muffin pan before being stuffed with Nutella, there may be some frantic finger licking between stuffing. These little Churro babies are worth everything and more. Made with a handful of ingredients and take no more than 15 minutes to prep and bake and maybe another 2 minutes to coat.
Add on another 2 minutes to fill…depending on how much finger licking and Churro stealing happens between fills… no one has to ever know.
Fill all the Donut Hole cravings with this Baked Donuts recipe!
Love Churros? Try these recipes!
Watch how we make Nutella Churro Donut Holes right here!
Nutella Churro Donut Holes
- 1 cup flour (plain / all-purpose flour)
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Nutella, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Spray a 24-count mini muffin tray with cooking oil spray; wipe over excess with paper towel and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the centre and add the oil, egg, vanilla and milk. Whisk the batter until smooth and lump free.
- Spoon the batter (about 2 teaspoons) into each muffin hole, filling to to 3/4 full. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until they are golden in colour and a toothpick inserted into the centre of a donut comes out clean. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes and transfer them onto a cooling rack.
- Brush each donut over with a light coating of melted butter; combine the sugar and cinnamon together in a shallow bowl; toss each donut hole into the cinnamon sugar mix until evenly coated.
- Fill a piping bag with the Nutella. Using a a narrow nozzle, fill each donut with the Nutella until they puff up and expand (not too much or the donuts will overflow).