Herbs, garlic, parmesan cheese and potatoes are roasted together to make the best Crispy Browned Butter Parmesan Roasted Potatoes! A delicious side dish with so much flavour, these potatoes go with ANYTHING!
Regular Roasted Potatoes are one thing, BUT these potatoes are on a whole other level! Picture this: olive oil, garlic, herbs and parmesan cheese, mixed through potatoes that are then roasted until they are fluffy, buttery soft on the inside, with crispy golden edges. But it doesn’t stop there, because what happens next is pure X-rated Roasted Potatoes satisfaction.
Browned Butter Roasted Potatoes
Nutty golden browned butter gets poured all over these potatoes to make some of the best tasting potatoes you will ever try in this lifetime. How? And why even? These may be some of the questions lingering on your lips right now, and I don’t even know the answers. I’m sorry.
Basically, we had roasted potatoes and for some reason I screamed out BROWNED BUTTER before my brain could process exactly what was happening. Before you know it, we were pouring browned butter all over these potatoes like our lives depended on it.
ALL OVER THEM.
Crispy Browned Butter Parmesan Roasted Potatoes
- You CAN use any potato you have on hand for these, although I recommend red potatoes because they hold their shape while cooking and taste amazing paired with the flavours in this recipe.
- When using parmesan cheese in this recipe, go for fresh grated or shredded parmesan, instead of the powdery parmesan you find in jars.
- This recipe calls for dried herbs, but if you want to use fresh or can only find fresh herbs, go for it! Chop em up and throw em in!
- You can use whatever herbs you like! I love the ones used in this recipe, but you can make any changes two suit your tastes.
- To ensure an even distribution of flavour, mix the herbs and seasoning together with olive oil before tossing in your potatoes. You will need to use your hands! A wooden spoon won’t do the job here.
- In the last 10 minutes or so of roasting, start on your browned butter.
This is the brown butter you’re aiming for, just after it’s foamed and it’s starting to settle. You can leave it cooking for a minute longer after this stage, until it turns into a rich golden brown colour.
Pour it on HOT and get these taters SIZZLING!
Season with a little extra salt, pepper and sprinkle over some fresh parsley!
These potatoes can be served with anything! Garlic Butter Steak & Mushroom Cream Sauce, Amazing Browned Butter Honey Garlic Chicken, Browned Butter Honey Garlic Salmon, Garlic Herb Prime Rib Roast, Crispy Beer Chicken with a Creamy Beer Mushroom Gravy… ANYTHING! (Did you notice the browned butter theme?)
More Browned Butter Recipes To Try!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Herbs, garlic, and parmesan cheese are roasted together to make the best Crispy Browned Butter Parmesan Roasted Potatoes! A delicious side dish with so much flavour, these potatoes go with ANYTHING!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 large cloves of garlic finely chopped or minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 pounds (1.5 kgs) red potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped (for serving)
Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200°C). Grease a large baking sheet with non-stick spray or olive oil. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, salt, herbs, pepper and parmesan cheese together, mixing to combine. Add in the potatoes and toss through the oil/herb mixture to evenly coat.
Arrange coated potatoes in a single layer onto prepared baking sheet. Spread them out and bake for 45-50 minutes, carefully turning every 15 minutes or so with tongs or with a spatula, until potatoes are browned and edges are crisp.
For extra crispy potatoes, broil (or grill in Australia) for 2 minutes, or until they are crisped to your linking.
While potatoes are in the oven, brown your butter:
Add 1/2 cup of butter to a saucepan over medium heat. Swirl the pan occasionally to allow it to cook evenly. When it begins to foam up, the colour will change from yellow to tan to a rich golden brown colour. As soon as you smell a nutty aroma, take the pan off the heat, give it a light mix with a wooden spoon to lift up any browned bits on the base of your pan and pour over the roasted potatoes.
Season with a little extra salt and pepper (If desired), and sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.