Holiday Punch screams holiday cheer! Blending cranberry juice, lime flavours and white rum for a refreshing drink to add to any party.
Perfect for Christmas, Thanksgiving or New Years, our holiday punch is easy-to-throw-together in minutes. A sparkling beverage with the perfect balance of sweet and tart AND the added bonus of looking absolutely gorgeous as your dinner table centrepiece.
Celebrate in style! Most recipes for fruit punch can either be too sweet or too dry. Our holiday punch blends the best of both worlds, finding the perfect harmonious balance for you and your guests to enjoy a drink or two! Plus the addition of white rum makes it even better!
Having said that, your alcohol choice is completely up to you.
What about the kids? You can leave out the booze, sub with a sparkling white grape drink, OR add a batch of homemade hot chocolate at the table.
All I know is when we serve this easy Holiday Punch, it disappears in no time and always gets rave reviews!
HOW DO YOU MAKE HOLIDAY PUNCH?
You don’t really need a recipe for this at all, but there a few subs I’m going to suggest to make it easier for you.
Start with a good cranberry juice like Ocean Spray Cranberry Classic or a cranberry-pomegranate blend. Don’t go for whole cranberry juice, pure cranberry juice, light or sugar free varieties. Cranberry juice is very sour as it is and you will need the added sweetness for a pleasant drink
Next, I use Sprite or a lemon-lime flavoured soda which adds a touch of much needed sweetness. I’ve also use an orange flavoured soft drink or soda (like Fanta, Sunkist) in the past which also tastes amazing.
You’ll love the added ginger ale and sparkling apple juice. The idea here is to balance your drink!
Add in frozen cranberries which act like ice cubes, keeping your punch nice and chilled while providing added flavour benefits and won’t get diluted or watered down!
PLUS mint leaves, lime slices and orange slices pack a great punch.
TIPS FOR HOLIDAY PUNCH
- Can’t find the right cranberry juice? Use a cranberry juice cocktail. You could also sub in pineapple juice or orange juice.
- For a drier punch, use plain or lemon flavoured sparkling water instead of sprite.
- Holiday punch can be served in a punch bowl, trifle bowl, large salad bowl, pitcher or drink dispenser.
- If fresh cranberries aren’t available, use pomegranate seeds instead.
MAKE PUNCH AHEAD OF TIME
Holiday punch is best served as soon as it has mixed through as the sparkling drinks will start to go flat.
However, you can prepare the fruit slices ahead of time to throw them in as soon as your punch is ready. It’s easy to throw together last minute!
ALCOHOL IN PUNCH
This Christmas punch can easily be made into an alcoholic beverage with the addition of any of the following
- Malibu (to take you to the Caribbean)
If using a different alcohol option to the one in the recipe, add in your desired amount.
MORE DRINK RECIPES
Holiday Punch Recipe
- 4 cups cranberry classic juice use Ocean Spray, or cranberry pomegranate juice, chilled
- 2 cups sprite or lemon-lime soda, chilled
- 2 cups ginger ale chilled
- 2 cups sparkling apple juice chilled
- 1 1/2 cups white rum or vodka can omit
- 1 1/2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 orange or lemon, sliced
- 1 lime sliced
- 4 sprigs mint
- Combine punch ingredients in a large punch bowl. Mix until just combined.
- Add in cranberries, orange slices, limes slices and mint.
- Serve immediately.