Baked Brie Bites are the perfect bite-sized appetizers with four different flavours to choose from! Maple Bacon with Pecans, Garlic Butter Herb, Apricot Walnut, and Cranberry!
Baked Brie Bites come together in a buttery pastry shell for an appetizer that will blow your guests away! They disappear so fast and get rave reviews every single time. Fancy and delicious, you’ll keep hearing ‘who made these?’
BAKED BRIE BITES
Melted Brie cheese wrapped in a warm pastry hug. A crowd pleaser every year, these little appetizers are quick, easy and so versatile you can make them how YOU please.
Serve fresh out of the oven or at room temperature on a platter with grapes, fig, pear or apple slices, walnuts, almonds, pecans, jams, cold meats and crackers. If you have a big party to host, feel free to double the recipe and make more!
HOW TO MAKE BAKED BRIE BITES
Lightly dust your work bench with flour before starting.
If using Crescent Roll Dough: roll pastry out into a 10 x 14-inch rectangle and pinch seams together. Cut lengthwise into 6 even strips, then crosswise into 4 even strips. You should have 24 squares. Separate and press each square of pastry gently into each muffin cup.
For Puff Pastry: Use 2 sheets of semi-thawed puff pastry. Semi-thawed is much easier to cut and less tacky. Cut each pastry sheet lengthwise into 3 even strips, then crosswise into 4 even strips. You should hend up with 12 pieces per puff pastry sheet (24 in total).
Brie: Make sure to cut the Brie into 24 equal pieces (about 3/4-inch or 2cm pieces). They need to be a generous size as the brie disappears into the pastry while it bakes if the pieces are too small. Including the the rind is absolutely fine. Save yourself the hassle of peeling it before baking because it IS edible. You won’t know the difference once it’s baked into your gooey pastry cups.
Top with fillings as noted in the recipe box below. Feel free to add/change each flavour to suit your tastes!
MAKE BRIE BITES AHEAD OF TIME
Assemble them one day ahead, refrigerate, then bake in the oven right before serving.
Or, prepare them up to 3 days ahead; wrap them in plastic wrap, store in the refrigerator and pop them in the oven just before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
TIPS FOR INCREDIBLE BAKED BRIE BITES
- If you don’t have crescent dough, you can use mini phyllo cups, Pillsbury croissant dough, 2 puff pastry sheets or an 8-oz (250 g) ball of pizza dough.
- Be sure to grease your muffin tin really well.
- Try not to fill each cup to the top with preserves as they may overflow while baking. 1/2 – 1 teaspoon is the perfect amount.
- You can use different types of preserves like orange marmalade, fig, raspberry or strawberry instead of apricot and cranberry.
The gooey cheesiness is irresistible and makes these little appetizers extremely addictive and taste just like a mini baked brie.
Just watch them disappear in no time!
MORE APPETISZER RECIPES:
Baked Brie Bites
- 1 (8 oz | 250 g) tube crescent dough, (or 2 sheets of puff pastry, semi-thawed)
- Nonstick cooking oil spray, for pan
- Flour, for work surface
- 1 (8 oz | 250 g) wheel of brie
- 6 teaspoons whole berry cranberry sauce, or cranberry jelly/ jam
- 6 teaspoons cooked diced bacon, (or bacon bits)
- 6 pecans, halved lengthways
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 teaspoons apricot preserves, (or jam)
- 6 teaspoons crushed walnuts
- 8 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 sprig of rosemary, leaves torn off stem
- Salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 375° (180°C). Lightly grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out crescent dough and pinch together seams. Cut into equal 24 squares. Place squares into muffin tin holes.
- Cut brie into 24 small pieces and place inside the dough cups.
- Top as follows:
- CRANBERRY BRIE BITES:
- A spoonful of cranberry sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- MAPLE BACON:
- A spoonful of cooked diced bacon, 2 pecan halves and a drizzle of maple syrup. Season with pepper.
- APRICOT WALNUT:
- A spoonful of preserves and crushed walnuts. Season with a pinch of salt.
- GARLIC BUTTER HERB:
- MIX the butter and garlic together. Top each bite with just over 1 teaspoonful of garlic butter mixture and 2-3 rosemary leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until the crescent pastry is golden, (about 10-15 minutes).