Caprese Christmas Wreath is a festive and healthy appetizer for your Christmas table!
With a beautiful and thick balsamic reduction in the middle of your platter, this Caprese Christmas Wreath is the perfect starter!
You all know how much we love Caprese over here! I mean, what’s not to love? Fresh and juicy grape tomatoes, creamy fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil leaves are dressed with olive oil and Italian herbs!
A combination PERFECT for a Caprese Christmas Wreath!
Load it all up with toothpicks for easy picking or skewering while adding to a ‘wreath’ design, and watch their faces as they enjoy every piece of this appetizer.
This Caprese Christmas Wreath was a joy to make, a joy to eat, and a joy to look at. Just 10 minutes to a silky, smooth balsamic glaze, OR use store bought and make your salad in less than 5 minutes!
HOW TO MAKE A CAPRESE WREATH!
We use grape tomatoes for this one, but you can use cherry tomatoes. Grab a serving platter and arrange the tomatoes and fresh mozzarella balls around the rim of the platter. Try to get mozzarella balls the same size as the tomatoes for a great visual effect.
Drizzle the edible Christmas wreath olive oil and season with Italian herbs, salt and pepper. Toss the tomatoes and cheese balls through the oil with a spoon.
Garnish with the fresh shredded basil and arrange whole basil leaves around the platter for decoration.
Use store bought balsamic glaze or use our homemade recipe!
When ready to serve your Christmas wreath, place a bowl of balsamic glaze in the centre of the wreath. Arrange toothpicks around and underneath the tomato and cheese balls, with the sharp ends toward the middle of the plate for easy entertaining!
Need more Christmas Ideas? Try these recipes!
Churro Nutella Christmas Tree
Antipasto Cheese Ball Christmas Tree
Christmas Crack (Saltine Cracker Toffee)
Best Fudgy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Bacon Cheese Ball Christmas Wreath
Caprese Christmas Wreath
Balsamic Glaze (or use 3/4 cup store bought):
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 600 grams | 12 ounces grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- 300 grams | 10 ounces fresh cherry-sized bocconcini (mozzarella) balls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- Handful fresh basil leaves , shredded (to garnish)
- flaked sea salt and ground pepper , to season
For The Balsamic Glaze:
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan. Cook while stirring over low heat for 4-5 minutes, or until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to medium setting and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until reduced by one-third and thickened like syrup.
For The Salad:
- Wash and dry the tomatoes. Arrange them in a circle on a large serving plate or round platter. Drain the mozzarella balls and arrange between the tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with the Italian herbs, salt and pepper. Toss the tomatoes and bocconcini through the oil with a spoon.
- Garnish with the fresh shredded basil.
- To serve, place the bowl of balsamic glaze in the centre of the wreath. Arrange toothpicks around and underneath the tomato and cheese balls, with the sharp ends toward the middle of the plate.