Frozen Margarita Slushy ready for Cinco De Mayo celebrations! With most recipes calling for simple syrup or artificial limeade, this one doesn’t need any of that. Pure, fresh ingredients resembling the Classic Margarita, only in an icy slushy!
A Frozen Margarita Slushy is the perfect way to quench your thirst and tastes AMAZING in its own way!
To be completely honest, I’m not a fan of tequila — on its own that is. I am a fan of the ritual tequila shots, sucking on lemon wedges and licking salt. Unfortunately, I never believed in just one shot. Or two. Ah, the memories. Tequila makes you believe you’re JLO, dancing on podiums in packed clubs or bars, only to find out you looked more like Elaine from Seinfeld. If you’ve seen Seinfeld, you know exact what I’m talking about.
My next favourite Tequila drink is a margarita. But somehow, a slushy makes it even better. More soothing. More refreshing. While it dangerously feels like drinking an icy lemonade. The best part is a slushy takes longer to drink than a Margarita in liquid form. More time to enjoy the tart, boozy flavours of Margaritas with the classic rim of salt.
There’s a certain elegance to these Margarita Slushies. You’ll feel like a bartender blending these up in less than 5 minutes.
Frozen Margarita Slushy
For The Rim:
- 2 tablespoons salt (approximately)
- 1 lime wedge
For The Margaritas:
- 2 shots (100 ml or 1/3 cup) Tequila
- 1 shot (50 ml or 2 1/2 tablespoons) Triple Sec or Cointreau
- Juice of 2 limes (1/2 cup lime juice)
- 2 tablespoons Simple Syrup (OPTIONAL)
- 2 cups of ice
- Lime slices to garnish/ serve
- Pour salt over a small plate; rub the lime wedge over the rim of each glass. Dip each glass into the salt and set aside. (Or transfer to the refrigerator to chill.)
- Blend the Tequila, Triple Sec (or Cointreau), lime juice, simple syrup (if using) and ice together until ice is crushed and the consistency of a slushy. Add more ice as needed. Serve immediately.