One sip of this tropical Pineapple Rum Punch cocktail and you’ll be beachside in your mind!
No tropical beach vacation this year? No problem, just whip up this pineapple rum punch and relax. It tastes like something you’d enjoy while sitting at a beachside bar, watching the waves roll in!
Pineapple Rum Punch
Hey guys, it’s Amanda from The Chunky Chef, a recipe blog that focuses on comforting family recipes. I’m a self-taught home cook who loves whipping up fabulous comfort food that everyone loves, along with the occasional cocktail, like this pineapple rum punch!
This is the time of year when I start to realize that our summer is nearly over and our shot at a nice relaxing beach vacation has passed us by. But that’s when I get really into the whole “staycation” idea. I string up some little lights in our patio umbrella, put up a couple of tiki torches, play some relaxing beach-y music, invite some friends over, and of course, mix up the most amazing tropical cocktail.
What is rum punch?
Rum punch can be SO many things. If you’ve been anywhere tropical, you’ve probably heard of, or had, a rum runner. Rum is an extremely popular alcohol to use in punches. This version uses pineapple coconut juice, lime juice, golden rum, and ginger ale to add some bubbles!
How can I make rum punch for a party?
This recipe as written is for 2 drinks, but let’s face it, this drink is perfect to share with your friends and family! Here’s how to alter it for a party:
- Figure out how many people are coming to your party and adjust the servings — For example if you’re having 8 people at your party, you’ll need to quadruple this recipe.
- Fill up a pitcher — to the pitcher, add rum, pineapple coconut juice and lime juice. Stir and chill.
- Pour into ice-filled glasses — divide the pitcher contents equally among the glasses.
- Top it off — Top off the glasses with a splash of ginger ale.
What if I can’t find pineapple coconut juice?
The brand I found was R. W. Knudsen, but if your store doesn’t carry that there’s a quick fix. Use regular pineapple juice and coconut flavored rum.
I hope you all give this pineapple rum punch a try, I’m sure you’ll love it! Hope to see you around The Chunky Chef too!
Looking for more Drinks? Try these!
Pineapple Rum Punch
- 2/3 cup pineapple coconut juice
- 1/4 cup gold rum
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/3 cup ginger ale , divided
- Add pineapple coconut juice, rum and lime juice to a small pitcher. Stir and chill.
- Fill 2 glasses with ice cubes. Pour half the pitcher mixture into each glass and top each glass off with half of the ginger ale.
- Garnish with pineapple wedges, a slice of lime, and a pineapple leaf.