Lemon Butter Garlic Salmon with only a handful of ingredients, with maximum taste and minimal clean up!
The next time I think of salmon, I’ll think of this easy Lemon Butter Garlic Salmon!
Sheet pan dinners, tray bakes and one pot meals are my jam lately. Especially salmon. We do our best to get salmon on our dinner table at least once or twice a week, and because the family is constantly asking for it, I’m constantly having to come up with new flavours!
This one, however, came to me when a lot of Facebook followers have been requesting substitutions to honey, with this Honey Garlic Salmon video going cray cray on Facebook! I know, I know, I’m thinking the same thing. WHO DOESN’T WANT HONEY ON THEIR SALMON? Many people, it turns out. So, with this recipe, friends, I decided to go with Lemon Butter because HELLO garlicky lemon butter!
If you DO like Honey on your salmon, plus garlic butter (PLEASE try it!), then THIS IS THE RECIPE FOR YOU.
The idea and method is exactly the same.
Melt butter > mix lemon juice and crushed garlic through it > pour over salmon > bake > broil or grill > SERVE!
We topped this one with parlay and dill. you can use whatever herbs you have on hand!
Serve with EXTRA lemon butter over rice, pasta, steamed vegetables, or even a huge balsamic salad!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- ⅓ cup butter
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (or juice of 1 lemon -- adjust to your tastes)
- 5 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1 kg | 2 pound side of salmon
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cracked pepper, to taste (optional)
- Lemon slices
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Position a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat oven to 375°F | 190°C. Line a baking tray / sheet with a large piece of foil, big enough to fold over and seal to create a packet (or 2 long pieces of foil over lapping each other lengthways to create your salmon packet, depending on the width of you fillet).
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (1 minute). Turn off heat; whisk in the lemon juice and brown sugar.
- Place the salmon onto lined baking tray | sheet. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour the lemon butter over the salmon, and using a spoon, spread evenly over the salmon. Sprinkle with parsley and dill. Arrange lemon slices over the salmon. Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon to cover and completely seal the packet closed.
- Bake until cooked through (about 12-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish and your preference of doneness). Open the foil, being careful of any escaping steam, and grill / broil under the grill / broiler for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Garnish with extra parsley if desired and serve immediately.
© 2016 – 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.