Easy Slow Cooker Barbecue Spare Ribs are melt-in-your-mouth incredible! Let your slow cooker do all the work and come home to sticky, fall apart ribs!
Slow Cooker Barbecue Spare Ribs has an easy recipe but is also absolutely DELICIOUS!
These ribs are not only fall-off-the-bone incredibly tender….they are finished off in the oven to create the best, barbecue sticky glaze! The 4-ingredient marinade is the hands down the best marinade we’ve tried on ribs. Yes, FOUR INGREDIENTS. None of this 20 ingredients list to get the best ribs. Not here. The secret to the level of deliciousness in these ribs is a good GOOD kick of garlic.
Usually, the oven is our best friend when craving and cooking ribs. BUUHT, the Slow Cooker has been my BFF lately with life becoming so hectic, and I don’t know where these have been all of my life. Move over oven….the Slow Cooker is back in town.
These ribs are so tender when you’re pulling them out of the slow cooker bowl, that they deliciously fall apart in your hands and you can’t help but eat a whole entire rack before broiling them in your oven. They melt in your mouth like butter. This is your warning / disclaimer.
And then, the sauce. This sauce is not only smothered on the ribs while they are slow cooking, they are also smothered all over them before they get into the oven, to make the stickiest glaze while charring them on the edges. Gah! Wait! Off to go get the left overs…….
The first few batches I made, I left them into slow cook longer, and I can’t decide which is better. These down here were left cooking for 8-9 hours on low. Oh man. See how the meat is melting off the bone?
So perfect…..either way you CAN’T go wrong!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 2 cups (500ml) barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (optional for a hint of spice)
- 2 kg | 4 pounds of baby back pork ribs
- Salt, to taste
- Spray inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Remove inner skin from ribs and place ribs in slow cooker.
- Combine bbq sauce, brown sugar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Mix well to combine and completely cover with ¾ of the sauce. Season with a good amount of salt and pepper; cover cooker with lid and cook on low setting for 7-8 hours or high setting for 3-4 hours. Refrigerate remaining sauce to use for glazing later.
- When ribs are tender and falling apart, transfer them onto an oven tray (or baking sheet), lined with parchment paper using a slotted spoon and tongs. (Lift them carefully as the meat will be very tender and falling off the bone). Baste with half of the the remaining barbecue sauce and grill / broil in preheated oven at 200C | 390F for about 10 minutes, or until beginning to char and crisp on the edges. Cut the ribs, serve with remaining sauce.
© 2016 – 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.