Strawberries and Cream Tiramisu Parfait
Decadent coffee flavoured sponge finger biscuits with a hint of rum for a traditional Tiramisu flavour, putting a spin on this high fat dessert with a low in fat Strawberries and Cream filling!
The perfect New Years Eve dessert, and New Years Resolution all in one!
Tiramisu is one of those favourite desserts of mine I need to order at every restaurant. I love it. I can never get enough of Tiramisu. Coffee soaked in biscuits with coffee? And sprinkled with chocolate? Oh.my.god.
And as usual, my love of high fat stuff gets me into so much trouble. But not with this kinda stuffs.
So, my brain went in to over-drive to create something as equally decadent with the feeling of ‘I’m totally cheating on my diet,’ without really cheating.
Enter Strawberries and Cream. Strawberries and Cream are like peanut butter and chocolate, only in a tiramisu form with coffee, it totally worked.
Armed with my magic bullet and a tonne of strawberries, this was so amazing, so creamy, and so rich, my family were moaning and groaning the whole time….in a good way.
In short — make this. Your taste buds will love you.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Weight Watchers: 5pp per serve
- 200 ml strong coffee/espresso (or brew 2-3 teaspoons instant coffee powder/granules with 200ml boiling water)
- 1 tablespoon rum (scotch, brandy, Tia Maria or extract) -- OPTIONAL
- 1 cup whole ripe strawberries , sliced, divided
- 1 x 225g | 8oz tub low fat/fat free cream cheese (or marscapone)
- 2 tablespoons natural sweetener/sugar of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 sponge/lady fingers , halved
- 1 x 70% dark chocolate square
- Cocoa powder (for dusting)
- Prepare coffee with rum (or alcohol of choice - if using) and set aside to allow to cool.
- Pour prepared coffee into a shallow bowl and soak sponge finger halves one by one on both sides until coffee has coated the biscuits. Line the base of four serving glasses with 2 halves of sponge fingers.
- Divide half of the remaining strawberry slices between the serving glasses and layer them over the biscuits. Divide and pour half of the strawberry cream cheese mixture over the strawberries, and repeat layer with remaining sponge fingers, strawberries and top with cream cheese mixture.
- Grate with dark chocolate over the top and dust with cocoa powder.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.