Mango Coconut Cheesecake Parfaits
Smooth.Cool. Refreshing. And a tiny glimpse of Summer. Yes, these Parfaits showed me the beach, the sand, the crystal blue clear waters, and the sound of seagulls squawking over head for a chip!
These were our dessert. Chilled out and so creamy, a perfect end to a meal on a perfect summery, sunny day!
Long story short? Of course! That’s always the best way. Two really, really ripe mangoes were calling out to me. I’d had them in the fridge and was thinking of smoothies, but smoothies szshmoothies, when you can have a parfait. And what better than cheesecake? Because I was going down the yellow brick road of mango cheesecake, and smoothies, and I kinda just threw my arms in the air and made both. Into one. And now, you can too!
Simple is best. Quick? Yes please. Show me the processor. Stat.
After the hectic carb coma I went into after that Tortellini with Chunky Beef Sauce, I needed something light, refreshing, with a healthy feeling. And mangoes make it all better.
And after about, oh, I don’t know… 2 minutes maybe? These were in the serving dishes, cheesecake flavours and all, ready to be loved, licked and appreciated for all of their beautiful beauty.
The creaminess! Um, so I’ll be running out to be mangoes to make these again. Maybe tomorrow. Oh who am I kidding. Maybe, like now!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 2 medium - large ripe mangos , peeled, cheeks removed and flesh chopped and pre-chilled
- 1 x 250g | 8oz tub low fat/fat free cream cheese
- 1/3 cup natural sweetener or coconut sugar (more if needed, depending on the sweetness of your mangoes)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons honey (adjust to suit your tastes)
- 1 - 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup desiccated/shredded coconut
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor, and process until smooth and free from lumps. (I have a mini food processor perfect for this quantity, but you can try a magic bullet (tall cup) or blender if you don;t have a processor). Pour into 4 serving glasses, and serve with strawberries, extra chopped mangoes, greek yoghurt, or extra coconut! Alternatively, if using fresh mangoes at room temperature (not pre-chilled) leave the mixture to cool in the refrigerator for about an hour or so, until chilled.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.