Wait…salad? Really? Where are the vegetables? Yeah, that’s what I thought too. This is more like a cross between a no bake strawberry cheesecake; a fruit salad (um, with only strawberries); and cream. Hmmm. But the fact that it has the word salad in the title makes it acceptable, right? No, I know I can’t get away with that statement but we can all dream.
Strawberry Coconut Cheesecake Salad… It’s similar to a parfait but with no layering necessary! Ripe and juicy strawberries (or any berry/ies of your choice) smothered with an easy to make thick and creamy cheesecake cream! YUM!
Most recipes for this popular ‘salad’ call for pudding mixes, marshmallows, heavy whipped cream and mixing banana slices through it. I can’t imagine a cheesecake anything made up of only flavoured dry pudding mix. I mean, why use pudding mix when you can use the real thing?
I chose to leave out the bananas and replaced them with toasted coconut flakes and shredded (or desiccated) coconut to add texture and extra crunch! A spring/summer taste sensation in a bowl.
To healthify-ish this salad, I made coconut whipped cream and used that instead of whipping cream (but you can use whipping cream if you don’t like coconut cream)…… As it happens, I have cans of coconut milk living in my refrigerator for emergencies such as this one. Or for when I need a quick batch of 3-ingredient chocolate mousse…..for example.
….. and then, I used real cream cheese instead of a box mix of pretend cream cheese.
Then mix it through your berries! That’s it! I hope you enjoy it!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Strawberry Coconut Cheesecake Salad
- 1 can full fat coconut milk , refrigerated overnight
- 8 oz | 250 g cream cheese , softened
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar or sweetener
- 2 lbs | 1 kg strawberries , sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded or desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut
- Carefully open the can of coconut milk and scoop out the thick cream sitting at the top over the coconut liquid / water. Transfer the cream to a bowl and discard the liquid left in the can. Whip coconut cream until thick.
- In another large bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Fold the coconut cream into the cream cheese; add the sugar and beat on low speed unit well combined.
- Lightly fold the strawberries and coconut into the cheesecake mixture. Decorate with extra strawberry slices (optional), and coconut. Serve immediately.