Garlic Butter Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus are simple and quick to make. The ultimate finger food, side dish or appetiser!
Smothered in garlic butter, this is one hell of a way to start a party, whether your partying with people — or having your very own snack party. Of course, you can totally avoid the garlic butter smothering and go for gold without it, BUT, the garlic butter adds such a nice flavour to the asparagus. And really, garlic butter, WHY would you want to leave that part out, says I.
When I make these, I buy short prosciutto slices because I find wrapping half of the asparagus is enough saltiness for us. Feel free to do whatever you please with these, to suit your tastes and preference.
Just remember to serve them to your guests instead of eating the whole batch. Like I may — or may not — have accidentally done before. 😁
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter of your choice, melted
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 16 asparagus spears, woody ends snapped off and discarded
- Melt butter; add the garlic and mix together. Brush the butter mixture over each asparagus spear, coating evenly. Slice easy prosciutto slice in half lengthways. Wrap each asparagus spear starting on a diagonal angle from the top, gently and reasonably tightly, to the bottom.
- Preheat grill / broiler on high heat. Lightly grease a baking sheet / tray with cooking oil spray.. Arrange the wrapped spears in a single layer on the baking sheet / tray; season with cracked pepper (do not add salt if the prosciutto is already salty enough) and grill / broil for about 4-5 minutes (keeping an eye on them as you don’t want anything to burn), or until the asparagus is bright green, cooked to your liking, and the prosciutto is crispy. Serve immediately.
- Preheat a barbecue grill or grill pan on high heat. Grill the butter brushed and prosciutto wrapped asparagus, turning occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until the asparagus is bright green and tender crisp, and the prosciutto is crispy. Serve immediately.
© 2016, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.