Fudgy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies have an irresistible brownie textured centre, with a crunch of cookie on the outside! One of our favourite Christmas cookies right here! ONLY 88 calories EACH!
Rich and decadent, you’d be mistaken for thinking these were super fattening or loaded with calories — but they are anything but. How to describe these? Exactly like a brownie in cookie form, lightened up.
In the land of wanting to eat whatever we want over Christmas but we can’t because hello fat pants, these cookies become a saviour. Also, this recipe is a half batch recipe, so there’s no need to feel intimidated by a full tray of 1000 cookies staring back at you, begging to be eaten, only for you to try to refuse. There’s simply not enough, Especially if you have family to steal them all from you before they hit any sort of plate.
After Hot Chocolate Fudge Pudding Cakes and Quick Soft Cinnamon Rolls to keep us on our toes, this cookie recipe comes to us as a last minute ‘help me’ type of recipe. This recipe is super simple to make and super decadent with no guilt afterwards. Well, hardly any guilt. You know what I mean.
Bake them big or bake them small, it makes no difference in texture. The end result is the same. For bigger cookies, just leave them in baking in the oven for 2 minutes longer.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- ½ cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cups white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose or plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup confectioner's sugar or icing sugar (for coating)
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, white sugar and vegetable oil. Beat in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Mix in the vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture just until a dough forms (do not over beat). Cover bowl with wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F | 175°C. Line 2 cookie sheets or baking trays with parchment paper (baking paper). Roll 1 tablespoonful of dough into balls for smaller cookies, or 2 tablespoonfuls for larger cookies.
- Add the confectioners (icing) sugar to a smaller bowl. Generously and evenly coat each ball of dough in confectioners' sugar and place onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes (for small cookies) or 12 minutes (for larger cookies). The cookies will come out soft from the oven but will harden up as they cool.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool.
88 calories each for smaller cookies. 146 calories each for larger cookies.
© 2016, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.