Soft Peanut Butter Cookies are crispy on the outside, soft and slightly chewy on the inside, and ready in 15 minutes! NO CHILL TIME REQUIRED!
These Peanut Butter Cookies are the best cookies to put in your recipe box! A family favourite cookie that’s taken YEARS to get PERFECT!
Peanut Butter Cookies
When you bake a cookie, you want the perfect mouthful. Whether you want a cake-y cookie or a crunchy cookie — or my favourite — a soft melt-in-your-mouth cookie that’s crisp at the same time. THAT, my friends, is what these Peanut Butter Cookies are made of. And they won’t disappoint.
WHAT GOES IN PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES?
I know it’s a big call to make….but you all know me by now. I don’t muck around. Peanut Butter Cookies are so insanely addictive, the entire tray disappears before you can get one in to your mouth. (That is, if you have people coming in and out of your home OR living with you. Get ready to fight over ONE cookie.)
What makes these different from other cookies? Most peanut butter cookies I’ve tried are either too hard (like biting into rocks), too floury, too dry, or lack the perfect amount of sweet vs salty.
The best part is that these peanut butter cookies need ingredients you possibly have on hand already: Creamy peanut butter (spreadable) — not natural peanut butter. You can also use chunky! White sugar, brown sugar, unsalted butter (not margarine — your cookies may come out dry), an egg, salt, baking powder, pure vanilla extract and flour.
HOW DO I MAKE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES?
Peanut butter cookies could not get any easier, I promise you, just don’t forget to preheat your oven first. Beat together the butter and peanut butter until creamy, then beat in both white and brown sugars along with the vanilla extract. The egg goes in and your cookie batter should be light and creamy.
Fold in your flour, baking powder and salt. There is no need to mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, just throw them in and fold. Add in half of your chocolate chips. We love semi sweet, but you can use dark, milk or white if you prefer.
Bake… and EAT!
WHAT MAKES THESE COOKIES SOFT?
The brown sugar in these ensure the soft, almost fudge-like inside texture, while the amount of butter and peanut butter take care of the crisp, golden brown exterior.
Looking for more cookies? Try these cookie recipes!
Soft Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup creamy spreadable peanut butter (no natural peanut butter)
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose or plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semi sweet (or dark) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 2 large baking sheets with baking or parchment paper; set aside.
- Beat together the butter and peanut butter until creamy. Add in both sugars and vanilla extract, beating again until smooth. Beat in the egg until well combined.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder and salt (be careful not to over-mix), until a smooth cookie dough forms. Then, add in half of the chocolate chips and mix them through with your fingers, or a wooden spoon.
- Roll the dough into about 15 balls and arrange them on lined baking sheet. Press the remaining chocolate chips onto the tops of each cookie; bake for about 10-11 minutes, until tops are golden (do not over bake or they will dry out and become tough).
- Allow to cool on a wire rack for about 15 minutes.