These Crispy Garlic Butter Parmesan Smashed Potatoes are the most delicious side dish, right up there with wedges and mashed potatoes. If you’ve never tried smashed potatoes before, you have to try them at least once. Then it’s a guarantee they’ll be making a regular appearance at house. And if that’s the case, I’m coming!
Fluffy on the inside and incredibly crispy on the outside, smothered in garlic butter and parmesan cheese!
A cross between fries and mashed potatoes, I swear. The best of both worlds.
Really, these can be either a side dish OR a main. We may have sat with the entire tray between us on the floor midst a twilight marathon, dipping them in tomato sauce and tzatsiki dip, with an extra sprinkling of salt because we live our lives on the edge.
And so easy, it goes like this → BOIL → SMASH → POUR ↓
↓→ BAKE → SPRINKLE → MELT.
I should add…mind blown crispiness.
When we decided to act like normal human beings, they were our side dish to that One Pan Lemon Garlic Baked Salmon + Asparagus!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 2 lbs | 1kg potatoes Yukon Gold or Carisma
- A light spray of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- Pre-heat your oven to broil (or grill) settings to medium-high heat (about 200°C | 400°F).
- Place potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring to the boil; cook, covered for 30-35 minutes or until just fork-tender. Drain well.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet or tray with cooking oil spray. Arrange potatoes onto the sheet and use a potato masher to LIGHTLY flatten the potatoes in one piece (not too hard or they will end up mashed).
- Mix together the butter, garlic and parsley. Pour the mixture over each potato. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and lightly spray with olive oil spray.
- Broil (or grill) until they are golden and crispy (about 10-15 minutes). Remove from oven, sprinkle over the parmesan cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted.
- To serve, season with a little extra salt and parsley, and serve immediately.
© 2016, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.