Grilled Avocado Caprese Crostini
Yo. This was breakfast. Yeah, really. Did we mind? Nah. ‘Course not.
Crunchy, crusty sourdough bread with the beautiful flavours of garlic olive oil and basil…. and then that warm and melty cheese with the sweetness of grilled cherry tomatoes.
Basically, I wanted to upscale my toast.
I think I did.
I still have my daughter at home with me since smashing into the pole and bruising her elbow (she smashed into it, not me….surprisingly. Takes after me though….poor kid).
Long story short — we wanted toast. But not just any toast. We wanted bad ass toast.
And then it hit me, kinda like the same type of smacked effect when she smashed into the pole.
Avocados just happened to be staring at me, right.in.my.face at that very moment of sweet reminisce.
So, this thing right there ↑ happened. Because the Garlic Prawns and Avocado Crostini has been whispering sweet nothings into my eardrums since I made them.
But then….I took the freshly laid out toppings on my toast, and grilled them in the oven to make the toast into a badd ass toast.
And smothered those badasses with a beautiful and sweet Balsamic Glaze, because it’s like Bbq sauce to me. And there’s no such thing as too much sauce, okay? Just getting that off my chest.
Well, my daughter forgot all about her elbow. And her knee. And her head.
Weight Watchers: 9pp
- 8 pieces thick sliced sourdough loaf (or loaf of choice)
- Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 avocado, sliced thinly
- 250g | 9oz vine ripened cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g | 3.5oz fresh bambini bocconcini (or baby mozzarella balls)
- ½ cup basil leaves, divided
- balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven with grill/broiler settings on medium heat.
- Place bread onto a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Place into the oven and grill until crisp and golden.
- Top each bread slice with half of the basil leaves, the avocado slices, tomato halves and mozzarella (bocconcini). Season with salt and/or pepper to taste, and place back into the oven for a further 3-5 minutes, or until tomatoes have grilled to your liking and cheese has warmed through.
- Finely chop remaining basil leaves and sprinkle over the crostini. Drizzle with balsamic glaze to serve.
© 2015 – 2016, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.