Nutella Swirl Cheesecake with Nutella Fudge Sauce and an Oreo Crust!
For a special kinda birthday — as in, this was my daughters birthday cake a couple weeks ago. With chocolate covered strawberries and raspberries — a hint of orange — and a special kinda Hot Fudge Sauce.
Don’t kill me…I know I said a couple weeks ago…which means it’s been sitting in my Drafts folder that long. Waiting. Just waiting for this moment. Why? I dunno. Too many recipes are sitting over here in the background. But then again…perfect timing because Valentine’s Day is coming and strawberries, Oreos and Nutella would make in woman fall to her knees. Especially anything drizzled with a Nutella Hot Fudge sauce.
A chocolate lovers heaven…right here. I think I can safely say…out of all my cheesecake recipe (find them here), this one take the cake.
Ladies…show your man this recipe. Like, accidentally shove the screen in his face.
But cutting into this? Well. That swirl had me weak at the knees. I had to be airlifted to the chair. Nearly. Well, obviously not, because the photos didn’t take themselves…but close.
I love my mums rustic ways. She covered those strawberries in milky chocolate like a pro.
And then….came the Nutella Sauce. I wanted Nutella Ganache….but then changed my mind it was in the pan, because a Nutella Hot Fudge Sauce? Oh good god.
I love my daughter, if not, even more. Because when asking what cake she wanted us to make….she came out with the Easy Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake I made a few months back.
Only I kinda dropped the hint that Nutella would be even cooler. Like, better than just plain chocolate. And then….like, I maybe kinda said that an Oreo base would be necessary. Accidentally. On purpose. And then….that sauce.
I think, if you didn’t already guess it….the longest part for all of us was waiting for this moment. Emotional,. because my daughter is now a teen…and frustrating because HELLO cheesecake dripping with Nutella waiting to be eaten.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 24 Oreo cookies (or a healthier substitute)
- 3 tablespoons reduced fat butter/coconut oil , melted
- 500 g | 1lbs low fat/fat free cream cheese block (2x 250g blocks)
- 300 g | 10oz reduced fat Sour Cream (or Greek Yogurt)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup natural sweetener/sugar of choice
- 2 tablespoons cornflour/corn starch
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Nutella , warmed in the microwave for 30 seconds (or in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water on the stove)
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 3-4 tablespoons milk (room temperature)
- Preheat oven 180C | 356F. Grease a shallow small – medium sized round springform cake pan.
- Add the Oreos into a food processor and process until crumbs form. Add the other 'base' ingredients, and process again until combined well. Press the mixture down into the prepared tin. Refrigerate and prepare cheesecake.
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream (or yogurt), eggs and sweetener/sugar in a bowl. Beat on low speed with an electric hand beater/mixer until smooth and combined.
- Add the cornflour/starch, orange rind and vanilla, beating for a further 2 minutes on low speed until smooth and creamy.
- Pour onto chocolate base into the prepared pan and spoon the warmed Nutella over the top. Swirl chocolate around with the back of a knife to create a marble effect.
- Bake in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes, or until just set in centre.
- Meanwhile, prepare your berries, like in this recipe here (just leave out the peanut butter, or include it)!
- When cheesecake is set and top has slightly browned, remove from oven and allow 15 minutes to cool. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill.
- Stir together the milk and Nutella in a microwave safe dish. Heat for 30 seconds, remove and mix again until runnier in consistency (like a Hot Fudge Sauce). Alternatively, place in a heatproof dish over a pot of boiling water and whisk until smooth and heated through (be careful not to get any water in the Nutella, or it will seize).
- Once cheesecake has chilled, top with chocolate covered berries, drizzle with the Nutella Hot Fudge Sauce and optional (not really) whipped cream.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.