No Bake Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Dough Cups (LOW CARB)
For those ‘I want something really bad for me moments but I don’t want the 10kgs/20lbs that come with it’ type of situations. Chocolate chip. Cookie dough. Cheesecake. Salt flakes. Chocolate cups. Only FOUR MAIN INGREDIENTS!
I should also mention: flour less, grain free, egg free, refined sugar free, suitable for low carbers….and out of this world insane.
Surprisingly, these things were way too good to be true.
I mean…the making of and the eating after. Because pour, spread, spoon and cover isn’t technical. At.ALL. Right?
With ingredients you either have on hand already…or can get just as easily for the store.
Almond butter. Or peanut butter, even. A raving chocaholic’s dream come true. Yes, that’s the secret in these. But don’t go running for the flour now, hiding from this recipe. Because the almond butter is in there but can fool anybody that didn’t know any better! Especially all those under 15 years old. And if using peanut butter? Oh even better.
And every bite reaches a soft, cookie dough centre with an unforgettable cheesecake flavour hard to stop at one.
Even the pickiest of eaters couldn’t stop at one.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Weight Watchers: 2pp per cup!
- 2/3 cup (250g) creamy almond spread/butter (or peanut butter)
- 1/3 cup natural granulated sweetener (or coconut sugar if not following lower carb)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup cream cheese , softened
- 1/3 cup Lilly's chocolate baking chips
- 2 cups Lily's chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Salt flakes (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the almond butter, sweetener (or sugar), vanilla and salt; mix until well combined. Add half of the cream cheese, mixing through until the 'batter' becomes creamy. Fold through the chocolate chips. Add the rest of the cream cheese, cutting it through to create a marble effect.
- Combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in a microwave safe bowl; microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until fully melted. Alternatively, melt in a metal bowl over a pot of boiling water (being careful not to let any liquid into the chocolate or it will seize, until fully melted.
- Line a 24-hole mini muffin pan with mini muffin liners. Pour 1 teaspoon of chocolate into the base of a liner, and using the back of the teaspoon, spread the chocolate evenly around the sides to create a 'cup.' Repeat with remaining chocolate and liners until all have been fully coated.
- Freeze for 5-10 minutes or until fully set. Remove for the freezer; spoon about 1 teaspoon of 'cookie dough' into each cup and cover each cookie dough cup with the remaining melted chocolate, smoothing over with a spoon.
- Freeze again and allow to set (approximately another 10 minutes), or allow to set at room temperature (it may take a little longer). Sprinkle with salt flakes (if using), and enjoy!
- Store in the refrigerator, or freeze for emergencies!
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.