Churro Lava Cakes! Churro cakes filled with chocolate ganache to make something so beautiful, rich and decadent… Served with cream for extra comfort.
Holy Churro. These Lava Cakes are insane…
By far…one of the best Churro Recipes I have on here. By a mile.
Coated in buttery Cinnamon Sugar….crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
And it all starts with a beautiful rich chocolate ganache; freezing it….and spooning it into your Churro battered ramekins.
Once they’re out of the oven…all golden and perfect…they’re brushed with melted butter and coated in Cinnamon Sugar.
The ganache is so rich and beautiful sitting in these cakes…and you could stop here if you really wanted to.
But…going an extra mile….I cut a small hole in the tops and filled them with remaining chocolate ganache
Because Lava Cakes need to have this effect. Oozing with Melted Chocolate.
There may have been some fighting over these Churro cakes. But in the end…we all lived happily ever after.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Weight Watchers: 6pp per cake (incl. extra ganache)!
- 110 g | 4oz block chocolate of your choice (I used dark/semi sweet)
- 1/4 cup canned lite coconut milk (or thickened/heavy cream)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain (or all purpose) flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar of choice (*Edit: white sugar, granulated sweetener or coconut sugar can be used)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons light butter/spread of choice , melted (or canola oil/melted coconut oil)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup low fat milk (or almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon light butter/spread of choice , melted
- 1/4 cup sugar of choice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- First make the ganache. Break up the chocolate block and combine the chocolate and coconut milk (or heavy cream) together a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 second. Stir and heat again for a further 20-30 seconds until cream is hot. Stir again, mixing well to melt the chocolate through the cream. Once ganache is glossy and creamy, stir in the vanilla extract. Cover and place in the refrigerator until set (about an hour).
- Once Ganache has set, preheat oven to 176C | 350F. Lightly grease 8 small ramekins (to fit 1/4 cup of batter) or a 12-count muffin tray; wipe over excess with paper towel and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the centre and add the oil, egg, vanilla and milk. Whisk the batter until smooth and lump free.
- Remove ganache from the fridge; spoon 1 tablespoon of ganache into the centre of each ramekin (or muffin hole); pour 3-4 tablespoons of batter over the ganache to cover.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until they are golden in colour and a toothpick inserted into the sides of a cake comes out clean.
- Allow them to cool for 5 minutes; loosen the edges of the cakes with a butter knife and transfer them onto a baking tray. Brush each cake over with a light coating of melted butter; combine the sugar and cinnamon together in a shallow bowl; gently roll each cake into the cinnamon sugar mix until evenly coated. (Be very gentle, they are very soft when first taken out of the oven).
- Warm remaining ganache in the microwave (or over stove top) until warm (or to make it liquid in consistency again) or mix in a tablespoon or two of extra milk or cream. Cut a small indent into the tops of each cake, and fill with the ganache.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.