The most amazing 5-ingredient Honey Garlic Butter sauce ready in minutes with only a few simple ingredients!
Honey Garlic Butter is fast, EASY to make and versatile! Pair it with anything, from this incredibly popular and reader favourite salmon, to chicken or shrimp or fish veggies! Dinner has never been easier!
How to Make Honey Garlic Butter
This sauce/marinade has been one of your favourite sauces/marinades on Cafe Delites. Since sharing this Honey Garlic Butter Salmon back in 2016, I have received countless emails from readers asking for more ideas and serving suggestions to use this sauce!
All you need is 5 ingredients. FIVE:
- Butter — use unsalted and adjust the amount of salt when taste testing.
- Honey — any honey is fine to use.
- Garlic — fresh garlic is best but you can use store bought minced garlic if pressed for time.
- Lemon juice (or vinegar) — cuts through the sweetness of the honey. You can leave it out if you wish, but the acidity adds another depth of flavour in the sauce. If using vinegar, you can use white or apple cider!
- Parsley — swap out parsley for rosemary or thyme to add another flavour profile to this incredible Honey Garlic Butter!
Throw everything in a small saucepan or pot so all of the ingredients blend and melt through each other! EASY!
When To Use This Honey Garlic Butter Sauce
For Salmon or Fish:
For Chicken Breasts or Thighs:
Pan-fry or bake chicken with half of the sauce until cooked through, then pour the remaining sauce over the chicken for maximum flavour. If you’d like me to publish a recipe for chicken, please let me know in the comment section below! For a different spin on this sauce, try my Browned Butter Honey Garlic Chicken.
Pan-fry or grill them on skewers like in this recipe here! If you don’t want to use skewers, pan fry your shrimp with half of the honey garlic butter, then drizzle over the remaining sauce when your shrimp are cooked! If you’d like me to publish a recipe for shrimp, please let me know in the comment section below!
With the perfect balance of sweet and savoury, this honey garlic butter sauce is so addictive you’ll want to drizzle it over anything and everything, or even drink it straight out of the pan!
Honey Garlic Butter Recipe
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice ((or 1 tablespoon white vinegar))
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt ((adjust to taste))
- 1 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Add the honey and garlic; whisk until the honey has melted through the butter and the mixture is well combined. Pour in the lemon juice (or vinegar), season with salt and add parsley.
- Best cooked or served with salmon, chicken, shrimp, fish, scallops, oysters.