Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp Pineapple Skewers are easy to make and cooked or grilled in an incredible honey garlic butter sauce!
A deliciously sticky glaze with the perfect balance of sweet from the honey, salty from the butter, and a good kick of garlic. Is there any flavour combination better than Honey Garlic Butter?! NO! And these Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp Pineapple Skewers are no exception!
The number one reader favourite recipe has been this Honey Garlic Butter Salmon In Foil for nearly a year now. I remember scouring the internet back then, searching for that specific flavour combination and not finding anything close to what I was imagining. After a year of reading all of the comments and feedback coming in, and seeing the amount of bloggers suddenly ‘recreating’ or ‘adapting’ it for their own blogs, I KNEW the next ingredient to try it on would have to be shrimp (or prawns for us Aussies).
You may remember back when I tried it with browned butter (THAT was a good day), another flavour combo which has been, well, borrowed I guess I could say… on other blogs since then.
So it was time to simplify our lives — without having to brown any butter — to make these skewers paired with chopped pineapple for an even more flavour bomb.
Needless to say, these skewers are absolutely INCREDIBLE!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Honey Garlic Butter Shrimp Pineapple Skewers
- 3 tablespoons butter , divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 large cloves garlic , crushed (or 1 tablespoons minced garlic)
- 2 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (juice of ½ a lemon)
- 1 pound | 500 grams shrimp (or prawns), tail on or off
- Sea salt , to taste
- Cracked pepper , to taste (optional)
- 1 cup fresh chopped pineapple
- Lemon slices (to serve)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Soak the wooden skewers for at least 20 minutes before cooking. Once soaked, arrange shrimp onto skewers, alternating with pineapple pieces.
- In a small saucepan over low-medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with the honey, garlic and soy sauce together. Stir until combined well and allow to simmer for 3-4 minutes, or until beginning to thicken into a syrup. Take off the heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Season shrimp with a pinch of salt and a small amount of cracked pepper (optional) Using a brush, coat the honey garlic butter sauce on both sides of each shrimp skewer. Heat the remaining butter in a large pan or skillet (or grill pan) over medium heat. Working in batches of three or four, sear the skewers for 3-4 minutes on one side, while pouring a small amount of sauce over each shrimp while cooking; flip over and cook on the other side (pouring a little more sauce over the shrimp while cooking), for a further 3-4 minutes, or until the shrimp is completely cooked through and no longer opaque.
- Remove from pan and serve immediately with any remaining sauce to use for dipping! Garnish with chopped parsley. Enjoy!