Skinny Satay Turkey Skewers
Oh hello you tender and crispy pieces of skinnified satay marinaded turkey on skewers and smothered in more sauce because there’s no such thing as not enough sauce. How you been?
This is like the typical dinner in our house — the low carb skinnified version of our favourite — Satay Chicken; only with Turkey. I wish I had a good reason to use turkey, except we didn’t have chicken. Nothing flash. No good reason as to why. Just coz.
We have Satay, like, all theeee time. It’s one of those peanut butter addicts anonymous things that we can’t help but love this like it’s an essential part of life. Because it is. But! The high fat, high points version scare the pants outta me. This way, I can enjoy my Satay without busting out of them. My pants. I like my pants.
You may remember the Chicken Satay Fried Rice from a couple months back.
See? Addicts. No lies over here.
But these skewers are so versatile you can enjoy them with salad; with or without rice, with vegetables, or just on their own with extra sauce and coriander leaves and shallots.
And now it’s time for another confession. Is it just me, or does Coriander normally taste like dishwashing liquid to anyone else but me?
Or maybe I’m not normal. Anyway, I loved Coriander on these skewers. It’s the only time you’ll catch me eating dishwas…. I mean, Coriander.
Enjoy these guys….And when you do…we can sing together: P is for peanuts, that’s good enough for meeee…
Okay, so wrong song, but we can pretend over here.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Weight Watchers: 8pp for 3 skewers
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- 1 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter (adjust to your tastes)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar , packed
- Salt to season
- 600 g | 1 1/2lbs turkey breast fillets , cubed
- 12 wooden skewers
- Coconut oil spray
- Extra water if needed
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Soak skewers for 30 minutes. Thread turkey pieces onto skewers and set aside.
- In a separate large shallow dish, combine all marinade ingredients together and whisk until combined. Add skewers and marinade for about an hour OR over night for a deeper flavour.
- When ready to cook, drain the turkey skewers, reserving the marinade. Spray a nonstick pan/skillet with the oil spray, and fry in two batches (I did 6 per batch) on medium heat until underside is browned. Turn and cook for a further 4 - 5 minutes, or until turkey has cooked through. Alternatively, bake in a pre heated oven under the grill/broil settings on medium - high heat until cooked through, turning once after about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the reserved marinade to a small pot or pan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and cook while stirring for 5 minutes or until the sauce is fragrant and thickens. (Add extra water by the tablespoon only if sauce is too thick
- Serve skewers with coriander leaves, steamed rice or vegetables and pour the satay sauce over.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.