Oven Baked Firecracker Salmon recipe with an incredible sauce is an easy to make dinner in minutes!
Succulent Firecracker Salmon recipe, flakey and tender on the inside with crispy edges. A hint of garlic, ginger, soy sauce and optional brown sugar make up one of the best sauces to cook your salmon fillets in. But it’s the red chili flakes and sriracha sauce that gives this salmon recipe its reputation!
Firecracker smothered salmon is one of the tastiest seafood dinners you will make. Sweet and salty with a hint of spice — our addictive firecracker sauce pairs beautifully with fresh salmon fillets.
With just a handful of ingredients and a few minutes of prep time, this salmon recipe is so simple to make.
Marinated in a firecracker sauce for as long as time allows, then pan seared to get those incredible crispy edges before finishing it off in the oven. If you loved our browned butter salmon, then you will fall in love with this new salmon recipe!
Or, just bake it from the get-go and have yourself a delicious seafood dinner. Flakey and tender, you will LOVE the results.
HOW TO MAKE SAUCE FOR SALMON
- Mix together marinade ingredients.
- Coat salmon in the sauce.
- Refrigerate for as long or as little as you want.
If you don’t have time to marinade, don’t worry. There is so much flavour in this salmon recipe, they burst through in each mouthful, regardless of marinating.
HOW TO BAKE SALMON
This salmon recipe comes together fairly quickly.
- Preheat your oven.
- Sear salmon fillets in a hot pan over medium heat. You may need to sear in batches of two, depending on the size of your pan.
- Sear for 2-3 minutes each side, just enough to char the edges a little and create that super crispy exterior.
- Transfer to the oven and finish off cooking until tender and flakes easily with a fork.
What if you don’t have all of the ingredients? This recipe is versatile, you can adapt it to suit the ingredients you already have on hand.
Don’t have chili sauce? Replace it with Frank’s hot sauce or use Buffalo sauce. Just add your ingredients in small increments, taste testing as you go to get the heat levels right for your tastes.
HOW CAN I MAKE IT LOW CARB?
EASY! The only ingredient in the recipe that needs to be substituted is brown sugar. You can use a brown sugar sweetener to make it Keto friendly.
Be completely comfortable knowing you can make a crazy good salmon recipe in the comfort of your very own kitchen in no time at all!
HOW TO STORE COOKED SALMON
Salmon will last up to 3 days in the refrigerator if stored properly.
- Store cooled salmon in an airtight container. Seal and refrigerate.
- To freeze, store cooled salmon in sealed airtight containers for up to 3 months.
MORE SALMON RECIPES
- Honey Garlic Butter Salmon In Foil
- Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Salmon
- One Pan Lemon Garlic Baked Salmon + Asparagus
- Spinach Stuffed Salmon in Garlic Butter
- Creamy Salmon Piccata
Firecracker Salmon on VIDEO
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoons low sodium low soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Heinz chili sauce (substitute with Buffalo sauce or hot sauce to suit your heat preference)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (or brown sugar substitute) -- OPTIONAL
- pinch of crushed red chili flakes
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha (adjust to suit your heat preference)
- 4 skin off salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (mild, smoky or spicy)
- 1/4 cup chives chopped
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the minced garlic, minced ginger, olive oil, soy sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar, red chili flakes and sriracha to combine.
- Season salmon with salt, pepper and paprika. Add salmon fillets to the marinade, turning each to evenly coat in the sauce.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight (if time allows).
- Preheat oven to 370°F (190°C). Heat an oven proof skillet over medium heat with a small drizzle of oil.
- Sear salmon for 2-3 minutes on both sides, undisturbed, to get nice crust. (You may need to sear in batches depending on the size of your skillet.)Transfer to plate and repeat with remaining salmon.
- Return all salmon fillets to the skillet. Alternatively, transfer to baking dish.Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
Serve warm with chopped chives.