Easy Taco Salad with Guacamole
Ok. SO if you’ve been following me for a while, you’ll notice how much I love easy, fast and quick meals to pull together for my family. Well, this is definitely one of them!
SO fast to put together I surprised myself. And a great lower carb option for when the family are begging for tacos! Who says you have to miss out? I may have broken a taco shell to enjoy this salad. Or, maybe two. I don’t know, I lost count in my taco fuelled happiness.
Tacos deserve a song. They deserve to be sung to and enjoyed. Because Tacos are one of the best inventions ever. Amen.
Anyway…off topic. This salad is crisp, creamy with a simple guacamole mix, and filling.
I love food. Good food.
- TACO MEAT:
- 1 onion , finely diced
- 1 red capsicum/bell pepper , diced
- 500 g extra lean beef mince
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tomatoes , diced
- 1 packet <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007F1L73Q/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B007F1L73Q&linkCode=as2&tag=cafedeli-20&linkId=RT52M4LGXVATF5VI">Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning Mix 1 oz</a><img src="http://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=cafedeli-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B007F1L73Q" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" />
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bunch cos lettuce/or lettuce of choice
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes , halved
- 100 g light cheese (I used mozzarella)
- Any other salad vegetables you like!
- GUACAMOLE MIX:
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 tablespoons low fat greek yoghurt
- Salt to season and 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KACQMFU/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00KACQMFU&linkCode=as2&tag=cafedeli-20&linkId=NSFDYF33KNJLBAVZ">Flavor God Seasonings (Garlic Lovers Seasoning, 1 Bottle)</a><img src="http://ir-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/ir?t=cafedeli-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B00KACQMFU" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" />
- Pan fry onion and red capsicum/bell peppers until onion is soft
- Add the mince, and cook while stirring until browned, then add your garlic and tomatoes
- Cook stirring until the tomatoes soften, and sprinkle Taco seasoning over the meat along with the water
- Cook while stirring, and allow the mix to simmer gently for a further 5 minutes, or until the seasoning is beautifully combined into the meat.
- Prepare salad in a bowl with salad ingredients, and set aside.
- Combine the avocado, yoghurt, salt, lemon juice and garlic powder in a smaller bowl, and mash well until mixed through.
- Add the Taco meat to the salad, and top with the guacamole