Chicken with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Parmesan Sauce is PACKED with flavour!
Garlic pan fried in sun dried tomato oil, followed closely by sun dried tomatoes releasing all of their flavours in a thick and creamy Dijon and parmesan cream sauce. Like our Creamy Garlic Butter Tuscan Shrimp and Salmon recipes, this recipe comes to you inspired by the popular Olive Garden recipe Tuscan Garlic Chicken. Adding a little extra flavours into the sauce takes this chicken recipe to a whole new level!
Skillet Chicken with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Parmesan Sauce
Since sharing this Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Parmesan Chicken, some of you have been asking for a low carb or Keto version, no breading required, type of thing. Well, this recipe couldn’t get any easier!
Instead of coating chicken fillets in a flour/parmesan mixture, this time around you’re going to season your fillets in paprika and onion powder to add more flavour to a typical salt and pepper deal. You can use smoky or sweet paprika, mild or spicy. It’s completely up to you. (We use mild.)
After that, you’re going to make this amazing rich and decadent sauce in less than 10 minutes.
Adding in a touch of Dijon for even MORE flavour and swapping out mushrooms for spinach to keep with the Tuscan chicken theme, your family and friends will be thanking you for this one.
SO MUCH FLAVOUR!
Chicken with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Parmesan Sauce Side Dish Suggestions
Low Carb Suggestions:
- Zucchini noodles
- Mashed cauliflower
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Roasted Broccoli & Green Beans
- Steamed broccoli
- Spaghetti squash
- Crispy Parmesan Crusted Zucchini
The options are endless!
WATCH US MAKE IT RIGHT HERE!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Chicken with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Parmesan Sauce is PACKED with flavour! Garlic is pan fried in sun dried tomato oil, followed closely by sun dried tomatoes releasing all of their flavours in a thick and creamy Dijon and parmesan cream sauce. Like an Olive Garden Tuscan Garlic Chicken with added flavours! LOW CARB
- 1 1/2 pounds (700 grams) large boneless and skinless chicken breasts halved horizontally to make 4 fillets (I use 2 large breasts -- 12 oz or 350 grams each)
- 1 teaspoon salt (adjust to your tastes)
- 3/4 teaspoon black cracked pepper (adjust to your tastes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons reserved sun dried tomato oil or olive oil, divided
- For The Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic 6 cloves
- 5 oz 150g jarred sun dried tomato strips in oil drained (reserve 3 tablespoons of oil for cooking)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cups heavy or thickened cream (or evaporated milk for lower calorie/fat)
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley to serve
Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika and onion powder.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the reserved sun dried tomato oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken for 6-8 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through (work in batches if your pan isn't large enough). Transfer to a warm plate; set aside.
Add the remaining oil into the pan and fry the garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds to 1 minute), then add in the sun dried tomatoes. Fry for 1-2 minutes to release their flavours. Mix the Dijon through all of the flavours.
Reduce heat to low-medium heat, add the cream (or evaporated milk) and bring to a gentle simmer, while stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
Add in the spinach leaves and allow to wilt in the sauce, then add in the parmesan cheese. Allow sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce.
Add the chicken back into the pan; top with parsley and serve over pasta, rice or steamed veg.
- 1/2 cup white wine (allow to reduce to half after adding in the garlic)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (with the sun dried tomatoes)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (after the parmesan cheese)
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.