Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breasts is a delicious way to turn a creamy dip into an incredible dinner. Serve with an optional cream sauce!
A low carb KETO approved winner of a chicken dinner, this Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe has definitely won the family over! Extremely popular for a good reason, you’ll never want regular, plain old boneless chicken breasts again after trying these!
STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST
What better way to enjoy chicken breasts than this? Stuffed Chicken Breasts WITH a creamy spinach and artichoke dip is a deliciously easy recipe idea, ready in around 30 minutes. If you’re always on the look out for a different way to enjoy chicken, then this recipe is perfect for you!
HOW TO MAKE STUFFED CHICKEN
- Season chicken breasts.
- Slice through the middle, horizontally to create a ‘pocket’.
- Fill it with 1-2 tablespoons of dip. (No more than that or it will spill all through your pan and burn.)
- Seal with toothpicks to ensure the dip stays in the chicken pockets (watch the video below).
SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP
The best creamy dip with easy to find ingredients to stuff inside chicken:
- Cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, garlic, frozen (thawed) spinach and artichokes. If you’re not an artichoke fan, simply replace them with extra spinach.
- The dip needs to be nice and thick. Please don’t add any liquid to it as it thins out while cooking.
HOW TO COOK STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
Sear stuffed chicken breasts until golden and cooked through (about 6 to 7 minutes per side). For thicker chicken breasts, cover your pan with a lid for a further 5 minutes, or until no longer pink in the centre.
In under 15 minutes, you have in front of you the most incredible tasting stuffed chicken. Amen.
SAUCE FOR STUFFED CHICKEN
I’ve included enough of dip to make a creamy sauce to serve it with, or save the dip for later. (You’re more than welcome to halve the dip ingredients to ensure theres no leftover dip.)
Serving your stuffed chicken breasts with the addition of a creamy dip/sauce takes this over the top. As always, It’s completely up to you.
To make the extra sauce, just pour half and half or heavy cream into the skillet along with the remaining dip, and stir until the sauce is nice, thick and creamy. Smother the sauce all over your chicken, because really, WHO doesn’t like extra creamy dip?
The added flavour explosion is unbeatable.
Serve it with low carb options, like zucchini noodles or a buttery cauliflower mash. Or, for carb lovers, pasta and rice are incredible with this.
LOOKING FOR MORE STUFFED CHICKEN RECIPES? TRY THESE!
SPINACH ARTICHOKE STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS ON VIDEO
Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 2 pounds (1 kg) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika (optional)
- salt and pepper to season
SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP:
- 4 oz (120 g) frozen spinach, thawed
- 8 oz (250 g) block cream cheese, (light or reduced fat), at room temp
- 6 oz (170 g) bottled or canned artichoke hearts in brine, finely chopped (SEE NOTES)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt to taste
OPTIONAL CREAM SAUCE:
- Remaining spinach / artichoke dip
- 1 cup half and half or heavy cream
For The Chicken:
- Place each chicken breast on a flat surface. Season both sides of each breast with the Italian seasoning and paprika. With your hand supporting each piece, cut a slit or pocket about 3/4 quarter of the way through, being careful not to cut all the way.
For The Dip Filling:
- Squeeze any and all excess liquid out of the spinach and discard the water. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the spinach, cream cheese, artichokes, mozzarella, parmesan and garlic; mix well to combine.
- Stuff chicken with 1-2 tablespoons of the spinach artichoke dip, spreading evenly with the back of the spoon. Reserve the leftover dip for later.*
- Seal chicken breasts with two or three toothpicks near the opening to keep the dip inside while cooking.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet or non stick pan over medium-high heat. Sear chicken until golden. Flip and sear on the other side, covering pan with a lid, until cooked through, (about 6 to 7 minutes per side). Transfer chicken to a warm plate to make the cream sauce.
For The Cream Sauce:
- Combine half and half or heavy cream with the remaining dip (you should have exactly half remaining). Stir until sauce is combined and thickened. Add the chicken back into the pan and serve immediately!