Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes! Fluffy pancakes with a hint of lemon and full of juicy blueberries…AKA Dessert for Breakfast. The happy place of this family.
With the family craving pancakes, (well, when do they ever not want pancakes), I went on a long and hard search in the fridge to see exactly what ingredients I had on hand.
There’s no denying this. I have to say it. If there are any pancake recipes on here you need to try…it’s these.
These pancakes are delicately light and perfect from the ricotta that they don’t need any oil. Each bite melts in your mouth with a delicious sweetness and an almost cheesecake flavour. Then a sweet hit of blueberries that have melted down during cooking, turn into syrup in your mouth.
Even though our fluffy pancakes are our family favourites, they wanted something different. Something extra special.
When the ricotta fell out amongst the refrigerator rubble, I took that as a sign. Of course…these were drizzled in some syrup…or drowned as shown below ↓ ↓ ↓ But they would go beautiful with the Blueberry Syrup in this Lemon Blueberry French Toast recipe
Wake up to a perfect steaming stack of pancakes.
Light. Fluffy. Incredible.
MORE PANCAKE RECIPES
Jam Donut Pancakes
Double Chocolate Brownie Pancakes
Nutella Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Donut Pancakes
Whole Wheat Choc Chip Banana Bread Pancakes
Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes
Weight Watchers: 2pp per pancake!
- 2 eggs
- 1 x 250g | 9oz tub smooth ricotta
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk (I use almond milk but normal milk is fine)
- 1 metric cup (150g | 5oz) self raising flour - self rising flour
- 2 tablespoons natural sweetener (or caster/ fine granulated sugar) - adjust to your tastes
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries , plus extra to serve
- Whisk together the eggs, ricotta, juice and vanilla extract and milk until well combed and smooth. Sift in the flour, sweetener (or sugar), baking powder and salt; mix until just combined. Don't over beat the batter. It will be thicker than normal pancake batter. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a nonstick pan or skillet over low-medium heat. Grease with a small amount of butter (or oil spray) and pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan. Fry until golden and set on the underside; gently flip and cook the other side until browned and cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with extra blueberries, maple syrup or any toppings you desire. These would go beautifully with the Blueberry Sauce from this Lemon Blueberry French Toast recipe.
HI Karina, can I use frozen berries (cherries, for example) instead of fresh?
Hi Nastia. frozen blueberries would be fine but I’m not sure about cherries. If you try it please let me know how you go 🙂
Margaret Ann says
Juicy summer blueberries are the best! Do you think this would work with cottage cheese? I always seem to have some in the fridge.
You can definitely try them! I’d put the cottage cheese in a small blender (magic bullet) first to make it creamy 🙂
Claudia | Breakfast Drama Queen says
OMG these look so delicious! Dessert for breakfast is the best! 😀
Yes! We speak the same language! 😀
Jocelyn Delk Adams (@grandbabycake) says
These are lovely! Pancakes are my favorite thing ever!
Yay Jocelyn!! I’ll share with you 😉