Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes! Fluffy pancakes with a hint of lemon and full of juicy blueberries…AKA Dessert for Breakfast. The happy place of this family.
With the family craving pancakes, (well, when do they ever not want pancakes), I went on a long and hard search in the fridge to see exactly what ingredients I had on hand.
There’s no denying this. I have to say it. If there are any pancake recipes on here you need to try…it’s these. On my pancake honour.
These pancakes are delicately light and perfect from the ricotta that they don’t need any oil. Each bite melts in your mouth with a delicious sweetness and an almost cheesecake flavour. Then a sweet hit of blueberries that have melted down during cooking, turn into syrup in your mouth.
Even though our family favourites are all of these:
….they wanted something different. Something extra special.
When the ricotta fell out amongst the refrigerator rubble, I took that as a sign. Of course…these were drizzled in some syrup…or drowned as shown below ↓ ↓ ↓ But they would go beautiful with the Blueberry Syrup in this Lemon Blueberry French Toast recipe
Wake up to a perfect steaming stack of pancakes.
Light. Fluffy. Incredible.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Weight Watchers: 2pp per pancake!
- 2 eggs
- 1 x 250g | 9oz tub smooth ricotta
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk (I use almond milk but normal milk is fine)
- 1 metric cup (150g | 5oz) self raising flour - self rising flour
- 2 tablespoons natural sweetener (or caster/ fine granulated sugar) - adjust to your tastes
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries , plus extra to serve
- Whisk together the eggs, ricotta, juice and vanilla extract and milk until well combed and smooth. Sift in the flour, sweetener (or sugar), baking powder and salt; mix until just combined. Don't over beat the batter. It will be thicker than normal pancake batter. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a nonstick pan or skillet over low-medium heat. Grease with a small amount of butter (or oil spray) and pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan. Fry until golden and set on the underside; gently flip and cook the other side until browned and cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with extra blueberries, maple syrup or any toppings you desire. These would go beautifully with the Blueberry Sauce from this Lemon Blueberry French Toast recipe.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.