Lemon Blueberry French Toast taste like a lemon blueberry cake and drizzled with a deliciously thick homemade blueberry sauce!
Raise your hands in the air if you wake up and you just want blueberries and cake! No? Welcome to my world of desserts for breakfast!
Bressert. Breakfast and dessert! Do you see the thickness of this perfect syrup that completely holds it’s own and replaces any other syrup a million times over? All drizzled over a perfect steaming hot tower of lemon cake flavoured French Toasts, only to melt it down into a river of Blueberry greatness.
With a shake or ten of icing sugar.
Look at it — absorb it’s greatness — because your french toasts will forever be transformed in the best.way.possible.
All of your breakfast dreams are coming true and unravelling right at this moment like Salt ‘n’ Pepa with a little Rumpshaker. Only better. And while we’re all gearing up for a cold autumn (or fall) — I couldn’t help but bring a little Spring sun-chine into my kitchen this a.m. It’s au natural. So why not? There’s no such thing is too much. Move over Maple Syrup.
This is a french toast game changer. You’ll never want ordinary french toast.ever.again.
Lemon Blueberry French Toast
Weight Watchers: 5 ProPoints per serve OR 6 PointsPlus per serve
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk (or almond milk)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar of your choice or natural sweetener.
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 slices thick bread (or your bread of choice), halved into triangles
- !Blueberry Syrup
- Whisk the eggs together with the milk, lemon juice, sugar and vanilla extract in a shallow bowl. Soak the bread in the egg mixture, pressing down on each side to ensure it has absorbed the liquid.
- Heat a nonstick pan/griddle on medium heat. Fry the bread on both sides until golden and cooked through. While French Toasts are frying, prepare the Blueberry Syrup using this recipe.
Leave a Reply