Basil Pesto Chicken Spaghetti is packed with flavour and comes together so quickly. It’s sure to become a week-night favourite!
Basil Pesto Chicken Spaghetti… Head turning recipe? I think so!
One of the easiest recipes on this whole entire site is this Basil Pesto Chicken Spaghetti, while also being one of the most flavourful meals you will ever try. This Basil Pesto Chicken Spaghetti is so easy to make and ready and on the table in under 20 minutes. Especially if you happen to have a jar of this Homemade Basil Pesto lying around. If not, you can always use a store bought pesto!
The only effort in this recipe is boiling the spaghetti according to packet instructions; grilling your chicken and cherry tomatoes in pesto for even MORE pesto flavour following this recipe; then mixing it all together.
I’ve included the cherry tomatoes in this pasta recipe BECAUSE they add a beautiful flavour into the pasta. Feel free to leave them out if you wish.
Also, the pasta is equally delicious without chicken if you’re in a real big rush, and perfect for a meatless Monday the of deal.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Basil Pesto Chicken Spaghetti
- 400 g | 14 ounces spaghetti , dry weight (or pasta of choice)
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 4 grilled pesto chicken breasts with 500 g | 17 ounces cherry tomatoes (use this recipe)
- 1 cup of this homemade basil pesto (or store bought pesto)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese , to serve
- Boil spaghetti according to packet directions in salted water. Drain; reserve 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, cook pesto chicken and tomatoes using this recipe.
- Add to pesto mixture to the cooked spaghetti with 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water. Toss over low heat until well combined. Divide amongst serving bowls. Slice chicken breasts and arrange over the spaghetti. Top with parmesan. Serve warm.