Pesto Chicken GRILLED OR OVEN BAKED, smothered in a creamy, homemade Basil Pesto! Served with cherry tomatoes, this chicken is out of this world crazy good, low carb and only needs 2 main ingredients!
2 Ingredient Pesto Chicken, two ingredients… no way!
Oh lord. This chicken is (or was) unreal. I’ve included TWO different cooking methods in the recipe below, because BOTH have to be shared! Personally, I love grilling and the unmistakeable barbecued, char-grilled flavour it brings out in the chicken. BUT! Oven baked is JUST as good, tender and juicy, with an incredible flavour!
It all starts with pesto. Remember the pesto I shared yesterday? Yeah. That pesto. That’s the pesto you’re going to be making and smothering all over your chicken. (I’m kidding. Totally not.) Yes, of course you can use store bought pesto and save yourselves 2 minutes of a food processor processing. How. Ever. Nothing beats the flavour in fresh, homemade pesto.
Then, you are going to either grill OR oven bake your pesto smothered chicken until it’s cooked through and perfectly soft on the inside, and golden on the outsides. THEN you’re going to grill the tomatoes OR add your tomatoes to the oven. And BAM! Chicken done so easily, with hardly ANY work needed.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
2 Ingredient Pesto Chicken
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breast fillets (about 1 kg | 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup Basil Pesto , plus 1/4 cup extra for serving (use this recipe for homemade pesto or you can use store bought)
- Salt and Pepper to season (optional - adjust to your tastes)
- 500 g | 17 ounces cherry tomatoes (optional as a serving idea)
- Smother chicken fillets in the pesto on all sides (about 2 tablespoons of pesto for each chicken breast, depending on your taste). Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Preheat a barbecue plate, grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes each side or until completely cooked through. Transfer to a warm plate. Grill the tomatoes, rotating once, until soft and beginning to brown.
- Top chicken with extra pesto. Serve with the tomatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F | 180°C. Line a baking dish with aluminium foil or bang | parchment paper.
- Arrange the coated chicken breasts in the baking dish and bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- At 30 minutes, remove the chicken from the oven and arrange the tomatoes around each fillet.
- Place the chicken back in the oven and cook a further 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.