Avocado Corn Tomato Salad with a lime juice dressing is delicious served on its own, or as a side that easily pairs with anything on your plate!
Guaranteed to please even the pickiest of eaters, one bowl of Avocado Corn Tomato Salad can convert any anti-avocado person!
This is my daughters favourite salad to make. Yes, she’s a miniature version of Nigella Lawson, always testing recipes out in the kitchen and refusing to share any of it. Throwing things into bowls is one of her favourite pastimes, and this is one salad I MADE her share, for your benefit.
Normally, she’ll dress a bowl full of avocado, tomatoes, corn and red onion slices in a super simple balsamic dressing (2 tablespoons of olive oil to 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, add salt to taste. You’re welcome). Well, how quickly things changed after she helped us make this Chili Lime Chicken Fajita Salad into a recipe video, fell in love with it all over again, and she hasn’t looked back since.
Making a few adjustments to that dressing, this salad is to die for and can be served with anything. Fish, chicken, steak, pork, shrimp, it goes with all of it. Or, leave out the protein and dive head first into this bowl. Either way, it’s your choice!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 1 cup cos or romaine lettuce, shredded
- 2 large ripe avocados, halved, peeled, stones removed and diced
- 9-ounces | 250-grams grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes), halved
- 1 x 14-ounce | 410-grams can corn kernels, drained
- ⅛ of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (or parsley)
- ⅓ teaspoon salt to season
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- Pinch of cumin
- Combine all of the salad ingredients together.
- In a small jug, mix together the dressing ingredients to combine well, and pour over the avocado salad. Season with extra salt, if desired. Serve with any protein, or enjoy with Tacos, fajitas, etc.
© 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.