Dark Chocolate Cake Waffles. Or rich, chocolate cake transformed into waffles with a Nutella Ganache. Whatever. These waffles are breakfast or dessert and so decadent — with no complicated steps to getting them perfectly fluffy and crispy!
Since Mothers Day is a spoil-me-day, I wanted all of the families out there to be spoilt too with this amazing recipe that is so light, fluffy and a decadent change to your daily diet! Dark Chocolate Cake Waffles has now entered your brain!
The problem with having kids on school break at home with you is that they want miracles for breakfast. I offer healthy eggs with wilted spinach and grilled tomatoes, and they look at me like I’m speaking a foreign language. Foreign being ‘the language of healthy eating when they feel they’re on some sort of vacation’. Did you know school holidays means mum becomes personal chef and dishwasher 6-8 times a day? How do I know this? Well, when I accidentally on purpose ignore their requests for pancakes AGAIN, instead giving them healthy — I get the whole, ‘but I didn’t order this?’ Um, excuse me.
An exception was made with these, however. I was asked (ordered) to bake a chocolate cake one morning…yes, for breakfast…and made waffles. Dark Chocolate Cake Waffles. What? No sullen looks were thrown back at me. Instead, I was met with wide eyed smiles with pride and satisfaction. Chocolate fixes everything.
To make these extra special, I drizzled them in my homemade Nutella turned into a ganache with added milk whisked through. And maybe some ice cream made its way on there. How did that happen?
A good looooooooong walk and hours of sugar-high regret came afterwards.
With Mother’s Day coming up soon, I thought these Dark Chocolate Cake Waffles would be perfect.
Spoil her with chocolate cake for breakfast. And if you’re a mother waiting for your Mother’s Day? Print the recipe out and paste it to every wall, kitchen cupboard and fridge door so it gets noticed. If that fails, shove it in their faces.
Or settle for Red Velvet French Toasts, Peanut Butter Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate French Toasts, Strawberries And Cream Crepes With Orange Liqueur, or this link here will take you to all the breakfasts on my blog.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 2 cups all purpose flour (or plain flour)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup oil (or reduced fat melted butter)
- 1¾ cups milk (unsweetened almond milk or skim/2% fat milk)
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients; add the eggs, oil (or melted butter), and milk. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry until the batter is well combined and smooth.
- Cook waffles according to manufacturers instructions
- Serve warm with powdered sweetener or sugar and melted Nutella or chocolate.
- To make a Nutella Ganache: Melt ¼ cup of Nutella in the microwave for 30-60 seconds until reaching a thinner consistency. Beat in 3-4 tablespoons of milk (it will look like its about to seize, but keep beating)! It will start to look glossy and smooth after about 30 seconds. You're welcome.
© 2016 – 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.