Cookies and Cream Brownies
Don’t mind me over here — I’m just eating a Cookies and Cream Chocolate Brownie… A what? Yep. A 109 calorie… Mm-hmm! I swear, I’m not guilty!
Super rich. Super fudge-y-licious, I don’t even think I can handle this?
I don’t know what happened. One minute…I was in the kitchen just minding my own business, and the next? I was smelling this glorious aroma coming from my oven. I think I must black out when my brain takes over…and apparently my body seems to follow, because before I’m aware of anything, brownies are made.
Oh wait. Yep. I can totally handle this.
Momentary relapse. I think I blacked out on all the chocolate going on.
It’s ok. I’m BACK!
I don’t even know where to start with these things. The chocolate brownie is like… well a chocolate brownie. A step up from the Snickers Fudge Brownies I made a few weeks back. Because, I mayyyy have added a little more cocoa powder to these. Ok. Maybe a lot more. And Hershey’s cocoa powder is this shizzz. Let me just say!
Ok. I need a moment. Because the richness going on is exactly what I wanted. Not too rich, but just rich enough with the dutch cocoa-ness and the amazing-ness that the dutch cocoa-ness produces.
You feeling me? Have I lost you? Just keep reading.
Yeah. There’s more!
There’s Oreo chunks INSIDE these brownies.
Yep. Because — Oreo’s! Really, do I need to explain? No, I didn’t think so.
THEN! There’s that frosting! OK…This might just be my favourite part.
Besides the fact the frosting is only 4 ingredients long…it holds more chunks and Oreo crumbs that are just..well? I have no words. I’m speechless. I just can’t anymore. Why? Because. My kids have eaten the whole entire tray. It’s ALL GONE!
It’s ok. I’ll be ok. I have tissues…
Like a proud mother…I took so many photos like you do when it’s the kids first day of school!
Well, I’m not ashamed of it!
These little creations are incredible!
Even in their tray…I was like, ‘Awww look at you! So cute!’
Just kidding. (Only a little).
And of course half way through shooting, I had to take a bite! Just ONE BITE! Or three!
Ok. So I had a brownie while shooting. I mean…can you blame me?
I know you guys completely understand where I’m coming from.
So anyway…tooo the recipeeee!!!
- 1 cup spelt flour (I love spelt, but you can use plain or all purpose flour(s))
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup natural sweetener or sugar of choice
- ¼ firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon aluminium free baking powder
- ⅓ cup (80g) light butter or cold pressed coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup low fat vanilla yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon alcohol free vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 6 Oreo cookies or a healthy oreo cookie substitute
- Preheat oven 176c | 350F. Spray a 9-13-inch baking tray with oil spray, wipe over with a paper towel, and set aside.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, sweetener, sugar and baking powder until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the butter/oil, yoghurt, egg, vanilla and milk until combined.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon (being careful not to over beat).
- The batter should be smooth, creamy and lump free.
- Fold through crushed cookie pieces.
- Pour batter into baking tray and bake for 25 - 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. ( my toothpick came out a little 'dirty' when I took them out after 30 minutes, and they were beautiful, moist and fudge-y).
- While brownies are baking, make creamy frosting!
- Whisk frosting ingredients in a separate bowl until lump free.
- When brownies are done, remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before frosting
- Once cooled, frost with cream frosting and top with extra crushed cookies if you wish.
- Gently cut into 20 bars.
Just one more to leave you with….
© 2014 – 2017, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.