Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are crispy on the edges and soft and chewy in the centre! The perfect cookie for the season!
With so much pumpkin flying around lately, I knew in my bones most of you will want a perfect cookie for the season. This. Is. It. Loaded with melty chocolate chips, fall (autumn) spices, and beautiful flavours, these cookies are absolutely perfect to have with a HUGE mug of Nutella Hot Chocolate.
Searching recipes and making what feels like a tonne of cookies (and maybe putting on a tonne of weight in the process), I sat back and wondered if adding pumpkin to my already perfect Easy Soft Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe would work. Well, these were possibly the best I’ve tried! All I did was add 1/2 cup pumpkin puree to that recipe while adjusting the flour in them to compensate the pumpkin, and incredible cookies flowed out of my kitchen.
In Australia, we don’t normally add pumpkin into sweet recipes, instead making more savoury pumpkin recipes to go with our Sunday roasts. Having said that, I’m changing THAT with THIS recipe. Loving sweet pumpkin stuff starts now. For my Aussie followers, I get cans of pure pumpkin from online store USA Foods. However, if you live in Melbourne, they have a store in Moorabbin!
Anyway, to try and describe these cookies: soft and chewy pillows; not fluffy cake-like, but soft-melt-in-your-mouth-type. Does that make sense?
PLUS THESE ARE SO EASY TO MAKE! In one bowl, you’re going to whisk together all of your ingredients 👉 Bake 👉 Try to stop your mouth watering from the smells filling your kitchen when they’re done.
Finally…. PERFECT. PUMPKIN. COOKIES. Just try not to burn your fingers (and mouth), and allow them to cool down first!
Did I say FULL of chocolate chips? You’re welcome.
May have been having cookies for breakfast, lunch, before and after dinner snack, dinner, midnight snack, movie snack, cleaning snack, and not sorry one bit.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Weight Watchers Smart Points: 5 per cookie!
- ½ cup (4 oz | 125 g) stick butter, melted
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar (or a granulated sweetener that measures 1:1 with sugar)
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup*
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)**
- 1⅔ cups all purpose or plain flour***
- 1¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°F | 175°C. Microwave the butter for about 30 seconds to just barely melt it (half soft and half melted).
- Combine the butter, brown and white sugar/s together in a bowl; beat until creamy and paler in colour and the sugar has dissolved. Whisk in the syrup, vanilla and the egg until mixed through. Whisk in the pumpkin puree
- Add the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda, and salt, mixing until just combined (the dough will be very very soft because of the pumpkin, Don't be tempted to add any more flour). Fold in half of the chocolate chips.Cover bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate for an hour for easier handling.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop out 1½ tablespoons worth of dough and drop onto prepared cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly flatten each cookie with the palm of your hand and press in the remaining chocolate chips onto the tops of each cookie.
- Bake for about 10-11 minutes. The cookies will look pale and puffed up, but should be golden around the edges. DO NOT OVERBAKE or your cookies will become hard once they have cooled.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 30 minutes.
**For mu Aussie followers, I get pumpkin puree from USA Foods here in Melbourne. They have an online store and deliver. 🙂
***As mentioned in this cookie recipe: when measuring your flour, make sure you spoon it into your measuring cup, then level it off with a knife. Try not to pack the flour into your measuring cup as this will cause too much flour being packed in and create cakey cookies instead of crispy cookies.
NO substitutions. This is the recipe that I tried and tested and it works. If you try to change an ingredient or add anything not included in the recipe, please do it at your own risk!
Adapted from this Easy Soft Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
© 2016, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.