These Easy 3-Ingredient Pancakes is our ritual weekend pancake recipe, and I never thought to publish it on here thinking it’s way to stupid to post an entire 3 sentence recipe, when it hit me how versatile these really are. Still fluffy and super soft with the added bonus of no oil or butter, there are so many ways to convert these 3-ingredient pancakes with whatever you like: chocolate chips, blueberries or raspberries, crushed nuts, sultanas, the list is endless. With this pancake base, you can’t go wrong.
With so many pancake recipes on-line, most of them consist of over 8 ingredients and 82 steps, there’s no need. Especially when you’re in a rush to feed a mad crowd of people — teenagers or any child under 12 included. They don’t care about vanilla extract or buttermilk or chilling batters or whatever. They just want pancakes….YESTERDAY.
Being school holidays right now, these are my go-to pancakes for my kids. They’re ready, steaming hot on the table before my kids are.
No complicated steps. No beaters. No separating eggs and beating egg whites for fluffier pancakes. No sifting flour with a cloud of flour dust flying all over your bench tops. Just one bowl. One spoon. And about 2 minutes mixing 3-ingredients together.
Pour in your favourite add-ins just before frying…and good morning to you.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured!
FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST AND TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups 250ml milk (skim, low fat or full fat)
- 2¼ cups white self raising flour*
- Whisk the eggs and milk together to combine. Add in the flour, and beat until the batter is smooth and lump free. Add in any option add-ins you like here.
- Heat a nonstick pan over low-medium heat with cooking oil spray. Wipe over excess; pour about ⅓ cup of batter per pancake. Cook pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the surface and the bases are golden brown. Flip and cook until golden; transfer to a warmed plate; repeat with remaining batter (spraying/greasing pan between ever second or third pancake if needed).
- Serve immediately with yoghurt, ice cream, whipped cream, maple syrup, berries, or any other toppings you like.
*2-4 teaspoons sugar
*2 teaspoons baking powder (for extra fluffiness)
*1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
*Pinch of salt
*1/3 cup chocolate chips
*1/2 cup blueberries or raspberries
*Substitute with plain or all purpose flour if you don't have self raising. Add 1 tablespoon of baking powder when adding the four and whisk until smooth. You can also use whole wheat or wholemeal flour.
© 2016, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.