Candy Cane Christmas S’mores Dip
A 3-ingredient S’mores Dip filled with candy canes (as much or as little as you want), perfect for Christmas time dipping. And no camp fire needed!
Okay. Please don’t hate on me. At the risk of looking like the biggest hypocrite in the world (besides politicians), going from a healthy salad only two days ago to this creation, this was the result of my children watching youtube videos of melted marshmallow dips and begging me with screeching voices to make it. Like, NOW.
Definitely a ‘once a year’ type situation, Christmas would be the time to pull this off. A pan full of soft, warm and melted gooey marshmallows; smooth and rich melted chocolate, and peppermint candy cane pieces: if you love mint and chocolate together, then this is for you.
As much as my sweet tooth is a crazy lunatic, I only needed 2 dips of this and it was more than enough to satisfy a craving. Blissful, straight to the point, and short but sweet.
With the amount of S’mores dips all over the internet that I have been trying to keep my children from seeing (too late), and with Christmas fast approaching, I wanted to try something different. And nothing says Christmas like Candy Canes.
First, chop candy canes (or blitz them in a magic bullet small cup for a less messy situation).
Next, melt the chocolate chips in a well seasoned cast iron skillet or an oven proof nonstick pan.
….Sprinkle the candy canes over the chocolate and top with marshmallows.
Place the pan into your oven and grill/broil in a preheated oven for about 5 minutes or until the marshmallows fluff up and turn a beautiful toasted golden colour.
Sprinkle with extra candy canes…
…and dip in your Graham crackers like your life depends on it. (For my fellow Aussies, if you can’t find Graham crackers, use Arnott’s Digestives from Coles or Woolies. They’re just as good!)
Just try not to face plant the entire pan.
And if you’re looking for something along this theme for breakfast, these S’mores Nutella Crepes are just as good. The End.
- 1 cup chocolate chips of choice (dark, milk or white)
- 10 large marshmallows
- 4 candy canes, roughly chopped
- Graham Crackers (or Digestives) to serve
- Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on medium heat.
- Add chocolate chips into a well seasoned 6-inch skillet OR non-stick oven proof pan. Melt the chocolate chips over low-medium heat, stirring occasionally, until completely melted.
- Sprinkle the chopped candy canes over the chocolate and arrange the marshmallows on top.
- Place into oven on middle shelf/rack, and grill/broil for about 5-10 minutes, or until golden and puffed up.
- Serve with Graham Crackers OR Digestives (in Australia).
© 2015 – 2016, Karina. All rights reserved. CAFE DELITES. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.