Sausage Cream Cheese Dip Stuffed Mushrooms are the ultimate delicious appetiser for any occasion!
Not only are these stuffed mushroom SUPER delicious, this simple recipe makes mushrooms taste so good! Even non-mushroom lovers LOVE these Sausage Cream Cheese Dip Stuffed Mushrooms! Juicy and meaty on the outside, while creamy and full of flavour on the inside, WITH LOW CARB options!
I’m not kidding when I say these are FILLED with a mouthwatering and unique flavour. The flavours in the cream cheese dip alone will stimulate all of your senses. A touch of garlic, a hint of white wine, slice green onion. YES! Perfect flavours!
Some Tips For The Perfect Stuffed Mushrooms!
- Try to find white mushrooms big enough to hold the stuffing. Keep in mind mushrooms will reduce in size quite a bit, so the bigger you find them, the better!
- White or brown mushrooms can be used in this recipe.
- Wash and pat your mushrooms dry with sheets of paper towel. Drying is super important as it will reduce the amount of liquid released while baking.
- Once you have them all stuffed, use a baking sheet or dish with sides so any liquid released does not get leaked in your oven.
- Make sure they are in single layer, NOT piled on top of each other, when they go in the oven. You want them to cook evenly.
What do you stuff these mushrooms with?
- You can use mild, hot or sweet Italian sausage. You could also use chicken, OR YOUR favourite sausage in these! Just remove the casings and break them up to crumble them while frying.
- White wine can be substituted with broth, or just leave it out completely. Having said that, the wine adds incredible flavour!
- Garlic. Add MORE if you like!
- Green onions
- Cream cheese and sour cream make these stuffed mushrooms ever so creamy!
- Parmesan cheese: you can substitute parmesan with Gouda, mozzarella, or another cheese you like.
- For a low carb option, leave out the breadcrumbs all together! You could substitute them with almond meal, but it is not necessary.
- If you find you have left over stuffing mixture, use it to stuff mini bell peppers OR serve with crackers!
Can I just say…YUM!
How Long Do You Cook Stuffed Mushrooms?
Cook them (or bake them) for 20 minutes, or until beginning to brown, then I like to sprinkle extra parmesan on top before baking for a further 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is nice and melty.
Also, I broiled these for an extra 2 minutes to get those crispy golden edges!
Good luck getting them out to your guests without trying one first! It won’t happen.
These stuffed mushrooms are just incredible! With every bite, you get the crunch on the outside thanks to broiling the parmesan, then the soft and creamy inside, PLUS the added juicy texture of that fleshy and meaty mushroom.
YES! Off to make more right now!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Sausage Cream Cheese Dip Stuffed Mushrooms are the ultimate delicious appetiser for any occasion! Not only are these stuffed mushroom SUPER delicious, this simple recipe makes mushrooms taste so good! Even non-mushroom lovers LOVE these! Juicy and meaty on the outside, while creamy and full of flavour on the inside, WITH LOW CARB options!
- 20 - 24 extra-large white mushrooms, washed, dried with paper towel and stems removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 250 grams sweet Italian sausage casings removed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions or green onions, (I use 3 stalks -- green and white parts)
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced (or 4 small-medium cloves)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs, (or regular breadcrumbs) -- OPTIONAL! Leave out for low carb mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 grams) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 grams) sour cream
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to 375°F | 175°C. Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets or oven trays with cooking oil spray. Chop mushroom stems finely and set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage, crumbling it with a wooden spoon. Cook the sausage for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until it’s completely browned. Pour in the wine and cook until reduced by half and absorbed into the sausage. Add the chopped mushroom stems and cook for 3 more minutes.
Stir in the scallions, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the panko crumbs, stirring to combine with the other ingredients. Finally, add in the cream cheese and sour cream continue cooking until the cheese melts becomes creamy through the mixture.
Take off the heat and stir in half of the Parmesan cheese and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste (if desired). Allow to cool slightly.
Using a metal spoon, fill each mushroom generously with the sausage mixture. Arrange the mushrooms on both baking sheets in a single layer and drizzle with the remaining oil.
Bake for 20 minutes, until the stuffing is browned and crusty. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling (about a further 15 minutes). Broil in the last 2 minutes to make the topping a little crispy.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.