Ground Beef Stir Fry with shredded cabbage is not only easy to make but incredibly tasty. Your new favourite low carb recipe using simple ingredients. Try it for dinner tonight!
Juicy beef with a ton of flavour! Full of healthy veggies and protein, Ground Beef Stir Fry is light and filling with a simple stir fry sauce using basic ingredients. Extremely addictive AND cheap, say goodbye to boring beef mince recipes!
DELICIOUS GROUND BEEF RECIPE
This ground beef recipe is perfect for when you don’t have the energy to make anything complicated for dinner but you want SOMETHING fresh and homemade. Or if you need to get more healthful veggies in your diet, dishes with FLAVOUR make it all the more interesting.
Super tasty, super easy and SUPER fast grabbing flavours from your favourite Fried Rice recipe. With just a handful of Asian sauces, this is so versatile you can even switch ground beef for chicken, pork or turkey!
Although this is not a traditional Chinese or stir fry recipe, you will love the familiar ingredients in the sauce. All you only need is soy, oyster and hoisin sauces, plus a splash of dark soy for colour.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL OF YOUR INGREDIENTS READY BEFORE YOU START. THIS RECIPE COMES TOGETHER REALLY QUICK!
Fry your ground beef mince first until nicely browned and crispy. Once it’s browned with your onion, garlic and ginger, add half of your prepared stir fry sauce to flavour your beef first.
Once your cabbage and carrots have been added and are softened, add the remaining sauce, stir frying to coat everything together in all of those flavours.
The water released from the cabbage will mix through it all, creating an abundance of crazy good sauce!
SUPER QUICK BEEF MINCE
The BEST home cooked meal, the first bite will leave you wanting more!
You will love that this recipe is made with ground beef (mince) because no meat slicing = the convenience of making a quick and easy meal when you’ve got a pack in the freezer.
MORE GROUND BEEF RECIPES
Beef Cabbage Stir Fry
STIR FRY SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons Chinese cooking wine, (or Mirin, dry sherry, apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, sake, rice wine vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon white granulated sugar, or sweetener for low carb -- (OPTIONAL)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 pound lean ground beef (mince), (500g)
- 1 head cabbage, core removed and leaves shredded (8 cups shredded cabbage)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded (1/2 cup shredded)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine stir fry ingredients in a bowl. Set sauce aside.
- Heat cooking oil a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion until beginning to soften, about 3 minutes. Cook the garlic and ginger until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the beef, breaking it up with the end of a wooden spoon as it cooks, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Once beef is browned, add half of the sauce to the beef, stir frying to evenly coat.
- Add the cabbage and carrots; continue cooking while stirring until the cabbage is wilted. Taste test and season with salt and pepper, if needed. Stir through the remaining sauce. Serve warm.