Creamy Garlic Shrimp Cauliflower Rice Risotto in only 10 minutes! Life saver right?
Ever just wanted to face-plant a plate of really rich, indulgent and fattening food….but your hips and every fat cell in your body screams at you, begging you to stop? That was me. Over the weekend. My whole family decided to over-indulge themselves in the creamiest, most sinful looking plates of risotto, I just about cried. Instead of feeling sorry for myself, I made this.
The creamiest, low carb, good for you risotto that took 10 minutes to make. From scratch. And all in one pan (of course).
Cry no more low carbers…or weight watcher’ers.
It all starts with a head of cauliflower. Blitzed and pulverised into the perfect ‘rice.’
Continues with prawns (or shrimp) seared in garlic butter.
And completed with cauliflower, cream, wine and lemon juice. In less than half the time it takes to make a normal Risotto….you can face-plant away at the cheap cost of zero guilt.
My family were trying….I said trying to take my food off of me after this.
Did I let them? Ummm no. Go cry in your Risotto blows while I enjoy my ‘diet food’ that doesn’t taste like ‘diet food.’
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #cafedelites on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW CAFE DELITES ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 1 large cauliflower , leaves and stalk removed, chopped into florets
- 400 g | 14oz prawns (shrimp), peeled, tails intact
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic , crushed
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (coconut oil)
- 1 cup (250ml) cream
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste (about 1-2 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons parsley , finely chopped
- Cracked pepper
- Lemon wedges to serve
- In a blender (or food processor) add 1 cup of cauliflower florets at a time (working in batches) and pulse each batch quickly about 3-5 times or until the cauliflower is the same consistency of rice. Transfer to a large bowl and repeat with remaining cauliflower until all done.
- Melt butter in a large pan or skillet over medium heat. Add prawns (shrimp) and sear them while stirring them occasionally until they just start to change in colour. Add garlic and lemon juice and fry for an additional minute. Add the oil and the cauliflower 'rice' to the pan, and fry for a few minutes until glossy and coated in all of the pan flavours. Stir through the cream, wine and cheese. Season with salt; reduce heat to low, cover the pan and cook while stirring occasionally until cauliflower is creamy and tender (about 6-8 minutes).
- Serve with parsley, pepper, lemon wedges and top with additional cheese if you like.
© 2017 CAFE DELITES. All rights reserved. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.